Dammit! you left your mobile at home ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Muthoni

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I used to work for a boss who used to forget his cell phone and reading glasses at home. He would keep a pair of reading glasses in the office. The problem would be that he would wear the glasses when going home. The following morning, he would come without the glasses he wore home. The company driver would be sent home to get the forgotten items.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

xTinx

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It all depends on the circumstances. For instance, if on the very day I left my phone at home I was awaiting a very important call, I'd be out of my mind in seconds. If there's not a single call to look forward to and I had nothing in my schedule after work except to go straight home, then I'd be able to bear 9 hours without a phone.

MisterRay97

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I just make sure I don't get into a situation where I'd need to call somebody! Anyway, forgetting my phone at home would make me feel bored as I wouldn't be able to listen to music and play small games in my free time or in the bus. I'd be really annoyed if I forget my phone at home.

Mika

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
Depends if I have to work that day or not! Normally I don't mind, often I intentionally leave my phone at home. However, due to my job I almost need my cell phone. I could use the work phone, but since it is a land line and hard to hear ringing, it would make things much more difficult.

I used to work for a boss who used to forget his cell phone and reading glasses at home. He would keep a pair of reading glasses in the office. The problem would be that he would wear the glasses when going home. The following morning, he would come without the glasses he wore home. The company driver would be sent home to get the forgotten items.
That's absolutely hilarious. I feel bad for the driver, but at least he was guaranteed to have a job!

Muthoni

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Depends if I have to work that day or not! Normally I don't mind, often I intentionally leave my phone at home. However, due to my job I almost need my cell phone. I could use the work phone, but since it is a land line and hard to hear ringing, it would make things much more difficult.

That's absolutely hilarious. I feel bad for the driver, but at least he was guaranteed to have a job!

@Mika, Yes it used to be very funny. I think that the driver used to enjoy it because he would be sent to run errands on foot when he was in the office. The wife of the boss would be home and since she is a great house keeper she would feed him or give him stuff to take home to his wife.

Shortie

Reaction score
Tokenz
334.99z
Haven't done this in a while but in the past I have left my phone at home and I really do feel lost when I do, it's awful knowing that I don't have it with me when I need it because I am so used to having it with me at all times even if it's just to keep in contact with friends and family while on the go.

RobertNick

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I always forget my phone at home or in my car, but I've been lucky enough to never miss any important calls or anything, just calls from mom or sisters. I should start wearing it in my pocket.

sidney

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.79z
I will just feel slightly incomplete that my "watch" that can also happen to make calls and texts and can surf the net is now gone. But apart from that, I'm just chill.

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
However, I recognize that for many individuals, their smartphone is an essential part of their daily lives, and that losing access to it can be annoying or unpleasant. Smartphones have evolved into a crucial tool for communication, entertainment, and productivity, and many people rely on them to remain in touch with friends and family, stay informed, and complete tasks. It might be tough for some individuals to cope with the feeling of being without a smartphone for a lengthy amount of time, but it's vital to remember that it's possible to live without them, and having a vacation from technology can even be helpful to our mental health and welfare.

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
…strangely, the last two times that I’ve gone out for a walk, I’ve realised that I haven’t had my phone with me…and although I’ve continued with my walk, how I’ve felt is a bit hmmmmm…vulnerable…

…that’s one of the essentials that a phone has become, to feel less vulnerable should you need it…maybe that’s more something that is felt by females…?..on more isolated walks…

MrDawn

Reaction score
Tokenz
336.73z
This actually happened to me this morning after I left the house. It happened while I was taking my kids to school. After I dropped them off, I ran home and got it. It's not the first time it's happened. I've done it more times than I can count.

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,271.63z
Yes, I've done that. And I feel disappointed, because I have to endure loneliness when outside. I tend to be less interested in chatting face-to-face with people around me when outside. And prefer to keep busy with their cell phones to read or chat and send short messages with other people.

riberet19

Reaction score
Tokenz
326.83z
Yes, sometimes I also forget the phone at home, I really do not use it much and that is why sometimes I forget about it, although if you have to make or receive a call it can be a problem that this happens to you.

Shortie

Reaction score
Tokenz
334.99z
It's not too often that I head outside and forget my phone and if I do, it's usually to somewhere local so I can always go back for my phone. I would hate to be out and about away from home and not have my phone, especially nowadays.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back