Dammit! you left your mobile at home ..

Users who are viewing this thread

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
How do you feel when you go out for the whole day and then discover that you left your smartphone at home?

Are you like :mad: or :arghh: or :banghead: or :facepalm: or who care :stop: ..

They are only a recent invention but for many it is a big part of their life and feel depressed without it!

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

kertha

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Whenever I notice that I don't have my phone, I get very anxious and nervous. So many 'what if this bad thing happened' thoughts pop into my head. My biggest fear is getting stuck on the side of the road somewhere without my phone, or even if I do have my phone, I end up getting anxious if I notice that I lose service. It really is crazy how much we rely on these little devices. For me, it is my alarm clock, my communicator, my entertainment, my schedule, everything! I am on my phone at least 15 minutes for every hour that I am awake.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,402.55z
I believe it is a generational thing. When I grew up our house phone was a "party line" which meant we shared our corded home phone line with several neighbors. Only one of us at the time could use the phone. You had to pick up the phone and listen for a dialtone. I was almost 40 before I had a cell phone.

Bazinga!

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've left the house without my smart phone before. Sometimes I don't mind leaving it behind because it may not want to be disturbed anyway (like if I'm attending a funeral, for instance). Other times, I left it behind by accident because I just forgot.

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Even when I carry my phone I don't turn it on unless I want to make a call. I buy $100 worth of time for a whole year or I would not even have one. When I was still working the best days were when I did not have service and could get things done without the office bugging me.

Pierre Eustache

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.12z
I am internet businessman; but offline, i am a normal person studying software engineering. So, i don't mind because my phone has a mail box where people can leave a message and i'll call back later! But, it is rare that my mobile phone stay fixed at home!

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
I typically turn around and get my phone if I realize it quickly enough. But, then again, it's not very often I forget it, either.

If I'm just running to the store real quick, I'll just leave it. Living 1,000 miles from family my phone is the only way to let me know that there is a family emergency.

DaveM

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The only time I bring my phone out with me is when out fishing or I'm going miles from "civilisation", just in case there's an emergency.

I haven't even put credit on the thing in at least 6-7 months.

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I feel so paranoid like I lost it even if I know exactly where it is
I never really want it because of calls. I just want it to take pictures get on the net and text
I am afraid I might be stuck somewhere and bored out of my mind
That could easily happen alot

!

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.19z
When I leave my smartphone behind I have that same feeling like I left my wallet, kinda sucks.

Rub

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
My life becomes empty without a cellphone. Only once I forgot it home. It was awful, so I always check my pocket if there's the cellphone.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back