Crossfit

Users who are viewing this thread

Dreek Lass

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.77z
Crossfit is this new sports that I have been hearing about a lot just lately over here in the UK. It seems to have taken our country by storm, and the fittest woman in the world, Samantha Briggs is massively involved with the sport too. I have been told that participating in Crossfit is the best way to keep fit, and that no other training programs cover the things that Crossfit manages to.

I have a friend that has recently opened a gym/box and he is training people in Crossfit. I personally do not see what the fascination/obsession is.

Have you tried Crossfit? If so, what do you think?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

pluser

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The best thing about Crossfit is that there's a social aspect to it. The next best thing is that Crossfit gyms have olympic lifting gear and bumper plates. If you don't need that, it's possible to build a program that better suits your goals, and probably for a LOT less money.

mauricioq

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
First time I've heard of it, so I'm guessing it's not that popular here in Portugal haha.
Maybe I'll get information on it and try it because, you know, I'm not in great shape.

Dreek Lass

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.77z
The best thing about Crossfit is that there's a social aspect to it. The next best thing is that Crossfit gyms have olympic lifting gear and bumper plates. If you don't need that, it's possible to build a program that better suits your goals, and probably for a LOT less money.

Yeah, Crossfit does seem pretty simple, and I mean that in the way that all you need is four walls to get fit. You actually don't NEED the expensive gym equipment if you cannot afford it, although many have likened Crossfit to that of a sports cult. My friends are literally obsessed with it. They eat, breathe, and sleep WOD (Workout of the day) and it is kind of all they speak about.

orzz

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Not really big in my country, I'm into fitness so I intend on checking it out one day. The actual routines don't seem to be all that productive for you strength wise though.

writeletters

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Crossfit is here in New Zealand. I've watched a few sessions, it's pretty hard core! It's good for all those people that aren't too self-motivated. It's also good for those who want a hard work out and want to lose weight and tone up at the same time.

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back