Class Project: Sweden Shoebox?

Users who are viewing this thread

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
Austin has his FIRST class project due. We are gonna start on it this weekend.. However, I am STUMPED! He has to make a shoebox about Sweden... UM.. What am I gonna do with that?

I just did a Shoe box with Jacob.. and we did the Ecosystem (Ocean)..

That was easy.,.. but sweden?? Can someone help me with some ideas? Maybe its from the pain meds Ive been on the last few days.. but Im lost. LOL

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
hahah! i dont think that would work. hahah. but good idea. ;)

It has to be something that Austin can understand.. Its only 6th grade.. so it cant be something hard.. All im coming up with is stuff thats complicated. :(

AnitaBeer

I kissed a leprechaun...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Do something on one of their famous landmarks. That should be simple. I know we knew about landmarks all over when I was around his age, or at least we did quick coverage on some.

Example:
"Kalmar Castle is a legendary Swedish landmark whose history can be traced to as far as 800 years. It was originally built as protection against pirates and other enemies coming in from the sea. Tagged as “The Key to the Kingdom”, the castle played an essential part in Nordic politics. In 1397, it was the site of the signing of the Union of Kalmar wherein Sweden, Denmark, and Norway were united under one crown. In the 16th century, the fortress was transformed into a Renaissance Palace under the direction of the Wasa Kings Erik XIV and Johan III. Today, it stands as one of the best preserved renaissance castles in Europe. A visit to Kalmar is not complete without stopping by the castle."

Or this
"
Skansen on the island of Djurgården is the world’s largest open-air museum and over 150 buildings were brought here from all over Sweden to bring it to life. It is a living, working, functional Sweden of yesteryear with glass foundries, a bakery, farms, a Sami village, a town centre, shops etc. It also has a zoo, an aquarium, a children’s zoo and old-style amusement park. Skansen is worth a day of your time. We think your kids will agree."

A museum could be cool and easy to do by just making pieces that you could find in that museum.

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
The Swedish Royal Family? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Royal_Family and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_XVI_Gustaf_of_Sweden

Or Swedish food? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_cuisine

Football/Soccer and Hockey are quite big in Sweden as well.

I have no idea if any of them are any good!

Do something on one of their famous landmarks. That should be simple. I know we knew about landmarks all over when I was around his age, or at least we did quick coverage on some.

Example:
"Kalmar Castle is a legendary Swedish landmark whose history can be traced to as far as 800 years. It was originally built as protection against pirates and other enemies coming in from the sea. Tagged as “The Key to the Kingdom”, the castle played an essential part in Nordic politics. In 1397, it was the site of the signing of the Union of Kalmar wherein Sweden, Denmark, and Norway were united under one crown. In the 16th century, the fortress was transformed into a Renaissance Palace under the direction of the Wasa Kings Erik XIV and Johan III. Today, it stands as one of the best preserved renaissance castles in Europe. A visit to Kalmar is not complete without stopping by the castle."

Or this
"
Skansen on the island of Djurgården is the world’s largest open-air museum and over 150 buildings were brought here from all over Sweden to bring it to life. It is a living, working, functional Sweden of yesteryear with glass foundries, a bakery, farms, a Sami village, a town centre, shops etc. It also has a zoo, an aquarium, a children’s zoo and old-style amusement park. Skansen is worth a day of your time. We think your kids will agree."

A museum could be cool and easy to do by just making pieces that you could find in that museum.

Thank you for your suggestions. I think Austin would love the castle one.

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
Maybe you can use the colours of the flag for the box ..
also you can add a castle like been mention or just a swedish house old style and will be good to use the Baltic Sea
not all in one lol jut few thing you can use

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I made a box with half land, half water. In the water was a ship (we made out of paper because we couldnt find one small enough ) on the land, we had vikings standing in snow holding the sweden flag... and there was a mountain in the background. I made austin a Big flag to show as well as the Coat of arms .. and I made him a Paper Mache VIking helmet! I still have to paint it tho. :) As soon as we get it completely finished, Ill post it. It was alot of work!

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back