Can you play an instrument?

Users who are viewing this thread

akasha24

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
What instrument can you play? I have been playing the piano since I was about 8-9. I write my songs with the help of the piano too :)

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Joker99352

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I play the guitar and bass guitar, but I haven't really spent time practicing in a while. I'm self-taught, so I don't really have a formal routine or anything. I really only play for fun alongside songs I like, which I really enjoy. I've dabbled in writing music before but I never wrote an entire song out. I do get a tune in my head once in a while, though; I really should write it down but I just don't know what I'd do after that (even if I, say, record it).

klorjne

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I play the guitar/ bass and I make electronic music. Lately I've been trying to bridge the gap between the two and coming up with some weird crossover stuff.

Kyama3

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I play guitar and have played since I was around 10. There has been a very long period where I never touched the guitar though between now and then and so I'm not the best but can crack out some nice riffs, lol. I make drum n bass, dubstep music using software on PC sometimes, electronic music is just as fun to make/play really.

Sarah676

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've played the piano since I was little; however, since moving overseas I haven't had access to a piano and so haven't played in over a year. It's one of the things that I miss the most! Once I start playing again I'll probably be really rusty, but hopefully it won't be too hard for me to get back to the level I was at.

pdxchristine

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I played piano as a kid. We don't have one right now but my husband would like to get one. If we did that I'd probably start playing again. Learning how to play cello is on my bucket list though!:thumbup

ejazu

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've always wanted to learn the piano ever since I was a little kid, but that did not happen. Now that I'm 20 I've finally got a piano last week before it gets prolonged any further. Teaching myself through videos online! It sure is a great hobby, though my fingers are sore now from pressing those heavy keys :p I hope I can play by ear soon.

klorjne

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I played piano as a kid. We don't have one right now but my husband would like to get one. If we did that I'd probably start playing again. Learning how to play cello is on my bucket list though!:thumbup

You should learn! The cello is such an excellent sounding instrument that you don't hear enough of today. The world needs more cellists!

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I'm sorry to say that I currently can't play an instrument, as I've never really tried to learn how.

I would like to be able to play the drums someday. They say it's hard and challenging to learn how to play drums.

NY Tall Guy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
absolutely not...I only played the recorder in elementary school...and that was only because I had to as part of a class requirement...I bet they're sorry about doing that and I'm sure they're STILL rubbing their inner eye and trying to get their hearing back...that's what they get...it's all fun and games till someone loses their hearing haha

!

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.19z
lol yeah about the same for me, no instruments since the recorder... I can play a mean 3 blind mice on it

mistymi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've played piano on and off for a long time. I just enjoy studying and listening to music. I'm not really motivated to practice enough to play the pieces I want to.

ebcolan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I play the piano and a little bit of guitar. I've been playing the piano since I was 10 years old. Back then I hated it since it was such a bother. I was forced by my parents to study it. Luckily, they never gave up on me and a few years later, I started to enjoy it and it became my passion. Thanks to them, I'm able to create wonderful music for me to express myself :)

scottguy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've been playing guitar for a few years but have shifted over mainly into bass guitar. I bought an acoustic-electric bass a few years back but have been trying to get my hands on a nice electric for awhile, so I can more nicely fit into bands. (I used to play in a country band with the acoustic-electric, but have recently been getting more into punk stuff).

zerotoinfinity

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
As many others I play guitar, too. I started out when I was 11 years old which was 14 years ago. I make my own music but I just consider it as a hobby. I haven't even attempted to make some money off it but I know I can. Might think about selling some of my acoustic songs, in the near future.

78,865Threads
2,185,198Messages
4,953Members
Back