Ask zirconaz anything

Users who are viewing this thread

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,955.60z
Why do you hate the Canucks so much?
CjZLum4.gif You know, that's a good question and I don't think I really have a definitive answer for it. But here's a story of the journey. I might ramble.

It started in 1989. I was young and impressionable and the Flames were playing the Canucks in the first round of the playoffs. The Flames were heavy favourites and the Canucks came this close to taking them down. At that point I didn't have any hate yet but the seeds were sown. Over the next few season the rivalry grew and I remembered the team that trying to rob the Flames of their glory.

Then 1994 happened. The Flames and Canucks played each other in the first round again. The Canucks had annoying players and this time the they were victorious and things escalated. That fall I moved to Vancouver in pursuit of higher education. I met some Canuck fans. There was no more rivalry. This was now WAR. I've never looked back.

2004...playing in the first round again. The Canucks had more annoying players. This is the most traumatic playoff hockey series I have ever born witness too. When the Canucks tied it late in game 7 I was inconsolable and I think my Mom thought someone had died. My sister later said that the intermission between the third period and overtime felt like a funeral. The Flames did prevail and I could breathe again. No wait, I couldn't. The Flames decided to make a Cup run that year and I died so many times I thought I might be a Winchester. But there is nothing worse than losing to the Canucks in the playoffs. Nothing.

And finally the first round in 2015 (they meet in the first round a lot). Game 6 of that series might be the single most awesome game I have born witness to. The Flames were down 3-0, came back to tie it, then were down 4-3, and finally won 7-4. Matt Stajan's game winning goal was EPIC. I wish I had recorded the game because I didn't really watch it properly live. The Flames won the series and then went on to lose miserably in round two but that's a different story.

That doesn't really explain WHY I hate them, but that was a lot of typing so I'm going to post it anyway. I guess I hate them because I just do. And because their fans are *insert impolite and rather unproper adjectives*. Btw, my spell check keeps trying to tell me that "Canucks" is a misspelled word. Take that, Canucks. bOz4wyc.gif

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,955.60z
This means that you work offline so what is your favorite job or in which field you want to work?
My favourite job is my current one. I work on a farm that breeds and shows Arabian horses. I've been there for over 10 years now and I love it. There's not much of a difference between the fields. Pastures 3 and 13 are kind of a long distance from the barn, though, and I'd rather not have to walk all the way out there. Gs6N07H.gif

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,955.60z
You mean you been such a huge fan of them for so long and you havn't gone to one of their playoff games? :O

200.gif
Such things are expensive and I'm not exactly rolling in cash. DP0o627.gif Also, they kind of have to make the playoffs in order to have a game to attend. b4b9nN2.gif But money has been the biggest issue for me.

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,955.60z
How many forums have you been a member on throughout the years?
Hmmm...let me see...
OTz...twice
2 other general chat forums
3 hockey forums...no 4...I joined the Canucks forum for shits and giggles but it didn't last
Blue Bomber (Canadian football team) forum...not super active, though
model horse forum
MacGyver (the original show) forum...only posted for a few months, though, as it wasn't very active
Supernatural forum...never posted much, though, as it wasn't very active

I think that's it.

78,865Threads
2,185,201Messages
4,953Members
Back