Participant count
  • Participants list

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
Were you surprised when the community you founded (Offtopicz) became successful?
I was actually. It started with a group of friends and it slowly started to become more and more popular. The crazy part was that it was family oriented. All of us became so close and this forum ended up being more than just a forum.

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
So how are you faring now with your son? I hope you are move past all the issues now and in a better place
Ive come a long way. Austin is now 22 (23 in June). He was extremely violent as he got older (he broke zks ribs) and would punch me when he had a tandrum. As he was getting bigger, it was harder and harder controlling him and ensuring he was safe. In Sept 2020, I had to make the hardest decision of my life... BUT, it was his idea and choice. He wanted to move to a place where he could make friends. So I found a place that he was able to move to and it was a great decision because he is truly happy. He still has issues, but hes got friends and still has me nearby incase he needs me. I have 2 more boys who are not autistic, but are doing well. :)

I am definitely in a much better place than I was in 2007. But I think that is because you have to go through tough times to be grateful for what you have and to come out stronger on the other side.

(that was prob too much info)

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
Ive come a long way. Austin is now 22 (23 in June). He was extremely violent as he got older (he broke zks ribs) and would punch me when he had a tandrum. As he was getting bigger, it was harder and harder controlling him and ensuring he was safe. In Sept 2020, I had to make the hardest decision of my life... BUT, it was his idea and choice. He wanted to move to a place where he could make friends. So I found a place that he was able to move to and it was a great decision because he is truly happy. He still has issues, but hes got friends and still has me nearby incase he needs me. I have 2 more boys who are not autistic, but are doing well. :)

I am definitely in a much better place than I was in 2007. But I think that is because you have to go through tough times to be grateful for what you have and to come out stronger on the other side.

…no, that was just a perfect and lovely amount of information…I’m glad that your son…(and all of your children…)…are doing well and that he feels that he has his independence and own identity, while having you nearby also…and I’m glad that your own life is in a good place right now…it’s never too much to share such joys…❤️

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
…no, that was just a perfect and lovely amount of information…I’m glad that your son…(and all of your children…)…are doing well and that he feels that he has his independence and own identity, while having you nearby also…and I’m glad that your own life is in a good place right now…it’s never too much to share such joys…❤️
Thank you. My boys are pretty much my life. ❤️ They keep me sane (even if they are who drive me insane the most 😆).

cherry123

Reaction score
Tokenz
157.93z

Wow that was a lot but I like your never giving up spirit. At least it made you stronger and are you in better place. Kudos for all you did to help your son . You did an amazing job with that.

78,865Threads
2,185,200Messages
4,953Members
Back