Are you still friends?

Do you retain friendships after a break-up?

• This doesn't apply, as I have not had a relationship.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sim

Reaction score
Tokenz
30.11z
Ya know, even though my ex and I had a turbulant relationship, we still remain friends. Hard to believe, I realize, with what I state about him, but since it's truth, it isn't meant in a cruel fashion...merely facts stated for the relevant topics at hand.

He's there when I need him for anything, and takes care of our children. I'm there when he needs me. It's what friends do. Nobody can believe that we have a better relationship now than we did when we were married, but that's the way we agreed to be 11 years ago, and we held true to our pact.

So I want to know...after you have broken ties as lovers, are you still friends?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Mini Vin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
i went with the yes and no option. my ex and i still talk, but she is all about trying to get back with me. when she finds out that i am not interested, she turns into the "evil ex". that doesn't bother me because there are no ties, like children or anything... now if my current girlfriend and i were to ever split up, i would do everything in my power to be great friends. mostly, due to the fact we are having a baby. i grew up with devorced parents and they hated each other. i would never put my child through the same thing....

i think its great that you two are good friends :rock

Sim

Reaction score
Tokenz
30.11z
For a long time, my first ex and I had issues...mostly due to his lack of any sense at all. Then we got along for a couple years...and he recently attempted to kidnap our son, so he's not on my list of the best people right now...but I can still talk to him about anything.

This ex is snoring...so I might wanna change my answer when it comes to him... lmao He grew up in a divorced home which was the reason we decided in the beginning to go this route.

dt3

Back By Unpopular Demand
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.21z
I'm gonna go with fuck no, that lying cheating slutty ass whore can kiss my damn ass...I'm not bitter...

Sim

Reaction score
Tokenz
30.11z
Re: RE: Are you still friends?

lmao God no.

He was the one who brought me to the ER then drove me all the way back home today.

I live with my lover...and I can't tell you how nice it is to be home.

WHT00GT said:
you still live with your current ex?

Haus

OTz Original
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Sim said:
lmao God no.

He was the one who brought me to the ER then drove me all the way back home today.

WHT00GT said:
you still live with your current ex?

isnt it great to live with each other sim. :wink

K

Kungfu

dt3 said:
I'm gonna go with fuck no, that lying cheating slutty ass whore can kiss my damn ass...I'm not bitter...

In regards to my Ex-wife, I would have to also say what DT3 said, because it would be true in her case...all others I have retained a friendship with

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
me unless you have kids i see no reason to stay freinds ...... That is past go on with your life and find some one new ...After all if you were meant to stay together you would have ....... But since you didnt then it wasnt meant to be :dunno :dunno

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Well yes i agree But usually you split due to things you couldnt agree about so why keep the disagreement going ??????? Or cause you just couldnt get along any more ????

Sim

Reaction score
Tokenz
30.11z

Oh yes, lover...it's wonderful! But um...you clogged the toilet again last night. I couldn't tell...was that a dead beaver, or was it just a log?

Haus said:
Sim said:

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

UncleBacon said:
or you r lives were just going in different directions but the friendship is still there...

Hum well that is a good point there ....... no reason i guess to not give them the bennifit of the doubt HUM ??????

Sim

Reaction score
Tokenz
30.11z

So tell me...if you found someone that you enjoyed being with, but simply couldn't see yourselves being lovers, you wouldn't remain friends? I think it would be rather odd to not retain a friendship with someone you are friends with from the beginning. Friends don't dwell on the past, they don't bring up old arguments...they're not anything but people you can hang with and talk to at any time.

I suppose one would have to understand the concept of friendship to comprehend why it is two people can be mature enough to continue a friendly relationship, even after the lover aspect has gone.
Tazzy said:
me unless you have kids i see no reason to stay freinds ...... That is past go on with your life and find some one new ...After all if you were meant to stay together you would have ....... But since you didnt then it wasnt meant to be :dunno :dunno

Haus

OTz Original
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z

Sim said:
Oh yes, lover...it's wonderful! But um...you clogged the toilet again last night. I couldn't tell...was that a dead beaver, or was it just a log?

Haus said:
Sim said:

but i was the one who got it unclogged. so there. :booze

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back