Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Re: RE: Anyone Surf?

JonBeast said:
Blackwater_GT said:
JonBeast said:
I've got a 7'8" board...it pisses me off tho, its between a short board and a long board. I wanna get a short board so I can bitch it around.

Hmmmm 7'8" sounds like the fun board type. rounded nose, fairly wide (173/4"). Great beginner board. So how long you been surfing with it?
Thats pretty much what it was. I started a few years ago. It's very thick so its a good board to learn to get up on. I'm just tired of having to jump waves on my way out, I wanna cruise under :D

I have only been surfing for a few years, I'm no pro but I enjoy it. I like the thought of a lifelong sport, you can be 5 or 75 and still surf. Thats why I also enjoy golf and tennis.

Depending on your wieght you could still duck dive your board. I have a 7'4" that I duck dive with. Just have to lift your back leg up while you sink the front end of the board under the water. You can also turn turtle, that is where you roll over on your board and wrap your legs around it. your body acts like weight and helps to pull you thru the wash of the wave.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

JonBeast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Blackwater_GT said:
JonBeast said:
Blackwater_GT said:
JonBeast said:
I've got a 7'8" board...it pisses me off tho, its between a short board and a long board. I wanna get a short board so I can bitch it around.

Hmmmm 7'8" sounds like the fun board type. rounded nose, fairly wide (173/4"). Great beginner board. So how long you been surfing with it?
Thats pretty much what it was. I started a few years ago. It's very thick so its a good board to learn to get up on. I'm just tired of having to jump waves on my way out, I wanna cruise under :D

I have only been surfing for a few years, I'm no pro but I enjoy it. I like the thought of a lifelong sport, you can be 5 or 75 and still surf. Thats why I also enjoy golf and tennis.

Depending on your wieght you could still duck dive your board. I have a 7'4" that I duck dive with. Just have to lift your back leg up while you sink the front end of the board under the water. You can also turn turtle, that is where you roll over on your board and wrap your legs around it. your body acts like weight and helps to pull you thru the wash of the wave.

I'm pretty light so I have to throw all my weight on the front and still end up with a face rape of wave.

I surf the NJ shore, so there's no big waves to worry about.....

UncleBacon

OTz original V.I.P
Reaction score
Tokenz
33.76z
where on the Jersey shore you surf...I remember before they filled in all the beaches the waves were pretty decent....

JonBeast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

UncleBacon said:
where on the Jersey shore you surf...I remember before they filled in all the beaches the waves were pretty decent....

Sea Isle City, NJ.....its very close to Avalon, Stone Harbor, Ocean City, Wildwood...etc.

The waves get good sometimes, but they are mostly small.

lemon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

JonBeast said:
UncleBacon said:

Sea Isle City, NJ.....its very close to Avalon, Stone Harbor, Ocean City, Wildwood...etc.

The waves get good sometimes, but they are mostly small.

i used to live in oc... until we moved down here... :dunno

JonBeast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

UncleBacon said:
I know where that is...I was in AC last night

Nice, me and my buddy were all over Jersey last week. The only place we didn't go to was AC. We wanted too but didn't have time. You have fun?

Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yea I live in va. bch. When I get to surf I usually head to the base. Sometimes if I'm lucky I can make it to obx. Las t time I was there I went to the state park.
Fathers day. It was about Chest high. Alittle blown out. Made it to buxton later that day, it was cleaner but smaller. The water is sooooo much cleaner down there. I hate surfing up here.

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back