Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Mini Vin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
i boarded(bodyboarded) for a couple years. i used to live in Monterey, Ca and would go to Carmel beach to board. the beach is right beside or right under Pebble Beach golf course. it was beautiful. the waves on average were 10-15ft and very thick.. i loved it. we would be out there from sunrise to sunset. there was another place we would go to and they called it "the bone yard". it had a rock bottom.. hence the name "the bone yard". i boarded Santa Cruz twice and it was the scariest time i have ever had in the ocean. the waves were huge, thin, but very fast breakin... went from that to va beach, va. i ended up selling everything ie fins, boards, and my wet suit.

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
I have boogie boarded, but never really surfed. I lived in fla for the longest time, but was too young at the time to take up surfing. I wanna learn though.

Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Re: RE: Anyone Surf?

WHT00GT said:
i boarded(bodyboarded) for a couple years. i used to live in Monterey, Ca and would go to Carmel beach to board. the beach is right beside or right under Pebble Beach golf course. it was beautiful. the waves on average were 10-15ft and very thick.. i loved it. we would be out there from sunrise to sunset. there was another place we would go to and they called it "the bone yard". it had a rock bottom.. hence the name "the bone yard". i boarded Santa Cruz twice and it was the scariest time i have ever had in the ocean. the waves were huge, thin, but very fast breakin... went from that to va beach, va. i ended up selling everything ie fins, boards, and my wet suit.

I usually drive to OBX to get anything in the summertime. I'm seriously contemplating buying a 4x4 to get on the beach down there.

Mini Vin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Blackwater_GT said:
WHT00GT said:

I usually drive to OBX to get anything in the summertime. I'm seriously contemplating buying a 4x4 to get on the beach down there.

i've thought about it. the break is alot better down there. the only bad thing is the rip currents.

Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

WHT00GT said:
Blackwater_GT said:
WHT00GT said:

i've thought about it. the break is alot better down there. the only bad thing is the rip currents.

:funnah I was down there on fathers day. The swell was bumpy but maybe 4 to 5ft. I had to keep paddelling for the beach cause the rip kept pulling me out to deep water and down the coast.

JonBeast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've got a 7'8" board...it pisses me off tho, its between a short board and a long board. I wanna get a short board so I can bitch it around.

Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

JonBeast said:
I've got a 7'8" board...it pisses me off tho, its between a short board and a long board. I wanna get a short board so I can bitch it around.

Hmmmm 7'8" sounds like the fun board type. rounded nose, fairly wide (173/4"). Great beginner board. So how long you been surfing with it?

JonBeast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Blackwater_GT said:
JonBeast said:

Hmmmm 7'8" sounds like the fun board type. rounded nose, fairly wide (173/4"). Great beginner board. So how long you been surfing with it?
Thats pretty much what it was. I started a few years ago. It's very thick so its a good board to learn to get up on. I'm just tired of having to jump waves on my way out, I wanna cruise under :D

I have only been surfing for a few years, I'm no pro but I enjoy it. I like the thought of a lifelong sport, you can be 5 or 75 and still surf. Thats why I also enjoy golf and tennis.

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back