Amazing " Smart " Gadgets for The Home

Users who are viewing this thread

gata montes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.32z
Technology appears to be advancing at an incredibly rapid pace these days - especially when considering the fact that - although it wasn't that long ago that the idea of living in a " Smart " fully web-connected home seemed like a vision of the very distant future - it would now appear - from the endless displays of " Smart " gadgets and appliances that were launched earlier in the year at Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show - that the future " Smart Home " is actually not too far away at all.

In fact so much so - that all the products listed here

http://www.popsugar.com/tech/Best-Smart-Home-Gadgets-2015-36514772?stream_view=1#opening-slide

it is thought - could very easily become normal everyday gadgets that will be found in everyone's home by the end of 2016.

To be honest much as I think many of the advances are pretty amazing - it is also quite disturbing to think that we are actually getting a step closer to the age when our lives will be so totally controlled by technology - that future generations will be incapable of functioning without it.

What are your thoughts - on these products ?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Peachdejour

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
At this point, our lives are not controlled by technology, we control the technology. This "smart" technology is no smarter than the operator that uses it. You can have it in your home, but if you do no operate it to its full potential, it can be a worthless piece of junk. I have thought about trying a few of these out for myself though. Perhaps some of the security products in lieu of a subscription service.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back