50th Wedding Anniversary

Users who are viewing this thread

primalclaws1974

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
A husband and wife married in 1965. The woman lugged a large chest into the bedroom of their new home. The husband wanted to know what it was for. She told him that it was a special chest and left it at that. The husband was none to pleased to see it had a lock, but didn't pursue it. As the years wore on, he would ask what was in the chest or what it was for, but every time the answer was it was a "special" chest. Finally, on the day of their 50th wedding anniversary, the husband could bare it no more.

Husband: "I have been patient all these years, but I can bare it no more! You MUST tell me what's in the chest!"

Wife: "Very well, I will show you."

The wife produced a key, and unlocked the chest. Inside was a $50,000 and two kernels of corn.

Husband: "Why is there two kernels of corn in the chest?" the husband inquired.

Wife: "Every time I cheated on you I placed a kernel of corn in the chest."

The husband wasn't pleased, but he had stepped out of line once or twice himself, so he did not get angry.

Husband: "So, what is the story on the $50,000?"

Wife: "Every time I got a bushel, I sold it."

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
That's a fascinating story! Couples must speak with one another and be open about what they are thinking and doing. Despite their imperfections, the husband and wife in the narrative appear to have a level of confidence and compassion between them.

It's also a reminder that the things we hang onto for years may not be as important as we imagined. The chest containing the corn kernels was a source of remorse and humiliation for the wife, but in the end, it was the money she earned through her hard labor that made the most impact.

In general, the narrative emphasizes the value of reconciliation, comprehending and honesty in long-term relationships.

78,865Threads
2,185,200Messages
4,953Members
Back