5 portions fruit/veg per day

Users who are viewing this thread

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
Did you eat your 5 a day today? What fruit and vegetables did you eat to make up your five portions per day?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

dieselfit

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.14z
Everyone is different. It's impossible to tell the entire world that they need this much food without lying about it. Different people need different amounts. It depends on where they live, what they eat, genetics, age, metabolism. People who eat more meat than others need more fiber, therefore need more fruit.

I'm a bodybuilder and I play in the gym HARD. So in that case, I need more than the 5 servings...!

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I don't really like fruits, although I like fruit juice.

Today I've eaten plenty of veggies, however. I had some spinach earlier, along with some carrots and green beans.

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
Everyone is different. It's impossible to tell the entire world that they need this much food without lying about it. Different people need different amounts. It depends on where they live, what they eat, genetics, age, metabolism. People who eat more meat than others need more fiber, therefore need more fruit.

I'm a bodybuilder and I play in the gym HARD. So in that case, I need more than the 5 servings...!
I have to agree not everyone need the same fruits or vegies or the same amount ..

i am not much with fruits, but i do eat a lot of vegetables .. not because i have too but i like them .. but because i have low iron always need to make sure i eat more for that ..

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
I always aim to have as much as I can. I have around 4-5 servings of fruit a day and at least 1-2 thirds of my plate filled with veggies :) I do not think I get as many servings of veggies as I should though. I find it a little tough for some reason.

Matilde.

DaveM

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I get way more than my 5 a day. Breakfast is usually 3-4 pieces of fruit. Lunch is a huge salad and dinner has tons of veggies too.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I had a salad yesterday....but I am still guilty as it was about 80 percent meat

Sent using Tapatalk 2

gata montes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.32z
I really love fruit and vegetables of all descriptions and in all forms too - either cooked or raw - as well as juiced and in smoothies and as they are a feature of virtually all my meals and probably what you would call a natural part of my diet - particularly as - each of my meals generally consists of at least 3 or 4 different kinds of vegetable and I always have fruit for dessert and snack on it throughout the day - particularly bananas - I don't find it a struggle at all to eat five servings of fruit and vegetables a day - in fact I think I probably eat way,way more than 5 servings a day.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back