Your easy, fast but delicious recipes

Users who are viewing this thread

brezzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.41z
Hi guys, in this busy and demanding life we have to learn some ways of making things or necessary activities faster as we can. For example, easy recipes that can surely make our life easier if we know some of these.

Do you know guys some fast but still delicious recipes that you can make if you are on the run to meet schedules?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Deborah1962

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's not really fast in the sense you can make it fresh from work or school, but, if you start it in the morning, you can by dinner have a nice nutrient dense home cooked meal.

I start this crock pot meal just as I'm walking out the door to a day of appointments and errands when I know I'll have no time or patience to stand at the stove to cook once I get home.

I start off with frozen boneless skinless chicken pieces (frozen stew meat works too), add 1-2 cups of chicken (or vegetable) stock and 1-2 cups of water, diced raw potato (smaller pieces cook faster), chopped onion, chopped garlic, a seasoning blend like Mrs. Dash or some other blend without salt in it, cook it all day on low-medium before adding the frozen vegetable medley to it (I like "California Medley" contains: cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini and carrots). Since my crock pot has only 1 setting, I usually add that 1 hour before serving it to allow it to thaw and cook a little; although, you can pop them into the microwave and then serve the soup on top of the vegetables. I serve when the potatoes are fork tender.

I have thickened the sauce by adding a bit of cornstarch mixed with water and then added a couple of tablespoons of butter to finish it off.

I serve this in soup bowls and grate some cheese (doesn't matter what type) over the soup. The whole thing to serve it is like 5 minutes.

Your apartment/house smells great when you get home and the food in the pot is cooked done and the only thing you have to worry about then is burning your mouth when you start eating it.

Last edited by a moderator:
78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back