Yes, that Really Was Mark "Luke Skywalker" Hamill Saying "I am your father!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
In a recent episode of CW's The Flash (as opposed to CBS's The Flash of decades ago), Mark Hamill ("Luke Skywalker" of the STAR WARS-movies) played a locked-away supervillain whose long-separated son was starting to follow in his 'legendary' footsteps.

In a scene where the new kid had just broken the old guy out of the asylum (and they were 'in the laboratory' discussing plans for future mayhem), the old guy was explaining why the new kid was the best one to follow-after him; and he really did say "I am your father!" (a line made famous in the second STAR WARS-movie, said by THAT movie's main supervillain when he and Luke Skywalker had the climactic confrontation).

How LONG do you think Luk-- Mark Hamill had waited to use that line?!!

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Shimus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Ever since he got cast as the Cock Knocker in Jay and Silent Bob. I bet he wanted to use it even then. But lately, I'd have to guess he wanted to use it since he heard Vader use it.

joshposh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I watch The Flash religiously, and I did not catch that at all. I saw the episode twice and still didn't get it until you just mentioned it now. I don't ever remember Mark Hamil in any other movies after Star Wars. Nothing note worth anyways. He has done a lot of animated cartoon as voice characters, but I don't think he has done a movie where the writers was witty enough to put that in.

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
I think its kind of funny that he got to use that line here, also a good tie in to the Star Wars Movie that will be out soon. I wonder if this is part of the reason The Flash used it, who knows. Anyway, as for Mark Hamil's career, he really didn't have too many film parts other then Star Wars. But he did find success in voice work. He did the voice of the Joker in the Batman animated series in the nineties, and did a great job with it. I don't see there where there would of been an opportunity for him to use that line playing the Joker.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back