Worst boxing beatdowns you have watched

Users who are viewing this thread

One Direction

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
Boxing has seen a lot of brutal fights which are both entertaining and painful to watch. Here are some of the fights that I have witnessed which resulted in some of the worst beatdowns ever.

Cotto vs Margarito 1

box_a_cotto_margarito3_sw_600.jpg
Margarito won while beating Cotto to a pulp. But most people wondered whether the gloves of Margarito were loaded at that time.

Pacquiao vs Margarito
margarito-pacquiao.jpg

In the fight above, Margarito was dishing out the pain. In this fight against Pacquiao, he was on the receiving end.

Mancini vs Kim
[video=youtube;ThQFPJpVtK8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQFPJpVtK8[/video]
I watched this fight on Youtube. Mancini was brutal on not finishing the fight earlier. He dished out the pain on Kim for 14 rounds. Kim died 4 days later. The referee committed suicide after because of the injuries sustained during the fight.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

dannyboy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Holyfield vs Tyson from 1996 in Rounds 10 and 11. I had never seen Tyson manhandled so consistently in a fight before. Holyfield had him shook. He completely destroyed him in that fight.

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
Chris Eubank vs. Michael Watson

Although it wasn't brutal the after effects were as Watson developed brain damage afterwards. Here is a quote from the bbc:

'Watson suffered irreparable brain damage in the 12th and final round of his contest against world champion and fellow Briton Chris Eubank at White Hart Lane in north London in 1991.'

deansaliba

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Although it was before my time I would say the Emile Griffith/Benny Paret fight in 1962 was the worst beating I've seen, Paret is clearly unconscious and being propped up my the corner and Griffith still hammers him for a good minute or so before the ref finally steps in, Paret never regained consciousness and died 10 days later in hospital. :(

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Holyfield vs Tyson from 1996 in Rounds 10 and 11. I had never seen Tyson manhandled so consistently in a fight before. Holyfield had him shook. He completely destroyed him in that fight.
Not a big holyfield fan ..he has always been an intentional head butter, clincher, and standing on your foot to get a shot in as you cant step back.
Not a tyson fan either..but he was an honest boxer.

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back