Will The Miami Heat Three-Peat?

Users who are viewing this thread

cmpunk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Do you think Miami will get it done again this year or do you think they will finally get knocked off. I think the Chicago Bulls and Indiana Pacers are going to be a tough out for them. I also think that if they do get to the Finals, i think a healthy OKC, L.A. Clippers or San Antonio team go take them the distance again.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Firelily99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Tough to three peat, they barely squeaked through it last year. Playing deep into the playoffs year after year really ages a team - while Miami was playing other teams were resting and replenishing their rosters. LaBron is LaBron, it will be interesting to see how well Dwayne Wade holds up; he appears to be sliding physically the past few years.

SS42A

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
As long as LBJ, Bosh, and Wade play their best games, I'm pretty sure Miami will make a three-peat, but I wouldn't count out other teams. As long as Miami's winning combination still packs a punch, why fix when it's not broke?

Dave

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I do not think Miami will three peat. Even though they still got there core back, I dont think they improved all that much. Oden is going to get hurt sooner or later and Beasley is a time ticking bomb. I like the Bulls and Thunder more so than I like the Heat this year.

dannyboy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Tough to three peat, they barely squeaked through it last year. Playing deep into the playoffs year after year really ages a team - while Miami was playing other teams were resting and replenishing their rosters. LaBron is LaBron, it will be interesting to see how well Dwayne Wade holds up; he appears to be sliding physically the past few years.

Yeah D Wade has had some tough injuries he has to fight through. If he could stay healthy and play like the Wade from 2005-2006, it would be a lock for the Heat to three peat. But i just do not see that happening.

cmpunk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yeah D Wade has had some tough injuries he has to fight through. If he could stay healthy and play like the Wade from 2005-2006, it would be a lock for the Heat to three peat. But i just do not see that happening.

Yeah Wade's health has been a major issue over the past couple of years. I think he style of play is fun to watch but it has also caused him injuries. He loves to go to teh basket and draw contact.

One Direction

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
Not one, not two, not three...

These were James' words. I'm no fan of the Heat but there's a great possibility that they could three-peat. Yes, DRose is back but I don't think that he could carry the Bulls immediately to the championship. I think he's still a bit rusty and this season will be his rebuilding season. Other teams have rebuilt like Houston but their chemistry would most definitely be affected. Heat's chances of having a 3-peat? About 70% as long as they remain healthy.

Firelily99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Too many good teams in the NBA for them to have a three peat. Nets are much improved, the Bulls have Rose back, OK Thunder is still a good team and the Rockets have improved immensely. Plus, the Heat have age issues and playing deep into the playoffs taxes a team, everyone else is resting while the Heat have been playing a lot of extra games each year. D Wade is not the same player he once was, Greg Odom is a huge "if", and the Heat are like a doughnut - big hole in the center.

WilliamRSIM

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I really don't think the Heat are doing it this year. Especially not with D-Rose back. We've seen what's going on with the Heat in these starting games and I can say that they will NOT win. I will admit that I hate the Heat with a passion but hey, Lebron in my opinion is overrated.

JoanMcWench

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I agree with what others have said. I am not a fan of Miami. They feel like the Yankees of basketball. However, they also feel like the team everyone needs to beat. If anyone watched the MIA-CHI game opener you may have noticed the Bulls struggling. Yes, they have Rose but he is no Jordan. He cannot be the saviour for the team.

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back