Why Is McDonald's So Expensive In My Country?

Users who are viewing this thread

Greatearner

Reaction score
Tokenz
265.82z
Well, I have recently read that McDonald's is one of the cheapest foods in the United States and in some other countries. However, I am actually quite astonished to see that people consider McDonald's as cheap! The fact of the matter remains that McDonald's is actually one of the most expensive restaurants in my country. Please note that I live in a tier 3 country. However, regardless of that, other international outlets such as the KFC are far much cheaper. One big Mac burger costs around $4. It may sound cheap to many people. However, it is actually quite expensive in here. So, why is this so?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

relcap23

Reaction score
Tokenz
737.53z
I am wondering why KFC is cheaper than McDonalds when in our country McDonald's is cheaper than KFC. McDonald's is one of the affordable food chains in our country.

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
…I don’t know, here In the U.K. I think MacDonald’s individual outlets are bought or rented privately but still as part of the franchise so within those restrictions…?..but that might mean that monthly/annual costs etc have to be paid to MacDonalds ownership/mothership also…I don’t go very often but it feels that when I do and visit different branches…they’re all quite hugely different in how they’re run and in the food quality experience…and that shouldn’t be so…

…mind you, in general…I think all takeaways/fast foods/restaurants etc have increased their prices a lot since the end of lockdown times…maybe to try to regain some of their losses and stay afloat as businesses…?…

RicAngelo

Reaction score
Tokenz
362.48z
I don't know how to answer that, In Indonesia KFC and McD are the same price, it is affordable but maybe for some people it is expensive and they also offer us packages that include many things, and it is cheaper for me, though. For me, Carls Jr is more expensive than McD

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back