Why do you watch football/soccer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
As we all know this beautiful game is one of the most loved and watched sport in the world and is considered the king of all sports. Captivating a lot of people who watch the game and takes away sorrows giving the people joy as they laugh and rejoice watching the game. Football is the only thing that unites and also divides people all at the same time but the division is not a fighting kind of division bit rather the teams they support and the unity is in people from different families getting to hug and laugh with each other all in the name of supporting the same team and counsel each other in times of loss. Football is the only thing that unites a nation as whenever the national team comes to play a match the whole nation comes together to watch them play jubilate together after the win not minding which political party the other supports, their region or tribe and belief but rather we celebrate together.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Brad P

Reaction score
Tokenz
403.30z
sometimes I wonder why I watch football specially when you support a team that was the best team in the word over a decade ago.

Manchester United since Sir Alex Ferguson retired back on 8th May 2013 and the club has never been the same and has never won the league since either.

It’s now 2023 and I feel our current manager is actually doing a great job and we could finish in 3rd and win 2 trophies… we won the carabao cup and we have for the first time ever a all Manchester final in the FA cup against Manchester City who look to be heading for yet another premiership league title.

But I currently still hope they will bring it home again one day and that is why I still love watching football.

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
sometimes I wonder why I watch football specially when you support a team that was the best team in the word over a decade ago.

Manchester United since Sir Alex Ferguson retired back on 8th May 2013 and the club has never been the same and has never won the league since either.

It’s now 2023 and I feel our current manager is actually doing a great job and we could finish in 3rd and win 2 trophies… we won the carabao cup and we have for the first time ever a all Manchester final in the FA cup against Manchester City who look to be heading for yet another premiership league title.

But I currently still hope they will bring it home again one day and that is why I still love watching football.
Actually you are right as I am also a man United fan as since the retirement if Sir Alex Ferguson, the club has gone through so many patches both on and off the field but Ten hag is trying to take the club to a top level again with low budget and a low depth in squad.

Brad P

Reaction score
Tokenz
403.30z
Actually you are right as I am also a man United fan as since the retirement if Sir Alex Ferguson, the club has gone through so many patches both on and off the field but Ten hag is trying to take the club to a top level again with low budget and a low depth in squad.
Nice to meet a fellow United supporter 😊

Yeah he has certainly been the one manager to get the best out the players and getting rid of Ronaldo. Nobody is bigger than the club

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
Nice to meet a fellow United supporter 😊

Yeah he has certainly been the one manager to get the best out the players and getting rid of Ronaldo. Nobody is bigger than the club
I will not agree with you on the Ronaldo matter, as he used that to command respect from he younger players and he went too far with everything there as Ronaldo was never a problem at the club but the young boys themselves and the board of the club had the problem. Ronaldo is a very professional player and that is what we can never take away from him at all.

Brad P

Reaction score
Tokenz
403.30z
I will not agree with you on the Ronaldo matter, as he used that to command respect from he younger players and he went too far with everything there as Ronaldo was never a problem at the club but the young boys themselves and the board of the club had the problem. Ronaldo is a very professional player and that is what we can never take away from him at all.
We have our opinions I guess… did you watch the Ronaldo story Piers Morgan? You agreed with everything he done? I can’t see that he was professional in any way whatsoever.

Don’t get me wrong he is a global superstar and he has done a lot for the word of football but I can’t justify what he did for our club.

78,864Threads
2,185,189Messages
4,953Members
Back