Why Do We Fall For People Who Have The Same Qualities Like Our Exes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lizbeth19ph

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
They say it will be a vicious cycle if you keep on falling for the same wrong people, meaning people who have the same qualities like your exes and you should have known that falling for them won't do you good. (those exes who have this "bad boy/girl" reputations but you fall for them anyway. Why do you think we fall for people who have the same qualities like our exes whom we dump or have dumped us?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

trishgl

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's not a case of falling for people similar to our exes. We in fact already have a particular "profile" we subconsciously look for in a guy. So of course they will be similar to each other as we basically have the same template. Unfortunately for some people the type of guy they subconsciously seek out isn't prince charming. I have a friend who keeps falling for guys who are married and when they've had her discard her. This happens over and over and you wonder why she can't ever see the flashing red warning lights.

Pierre Eustache

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.12z
When we are looking for a partner, we set a lot of criteria. Perhaps we define them as long as we discover them from our past heart friends. Then, we are looking for those qualities because it is what attract us! It is not really because of your exes; it is about what attract you for real! Just make sure you control them to make your choice with reason over passion!

J3NN4

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think the majority of people are interested in a certain type of person. We all have qualities we look for in a partner, subconsciously or not.

In my experience, I go for men who share the same hobbies I do. Since certain things attract a certain type of person, you could find yourself in a relationship with someone who might not be ideal for you, even if they have some of the qualities you're looking for.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back