Where can I sell digital pictures online?

Users who are viewing this thread

One Direction

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
I love taking pictures. I'm not a professional photographer and I don't have advanced photography equipment but I do have a phone with an 8MP camera which I use to take pictures. I know that it's not up to par with other cameras but I still manage to capture some pretty neat pictures. Now, what I want to know is a website where I can sell my pictures. It would be nice to make a bit of cash from my pictures. Any ideas?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Ricardo187

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
Hmm, I was looking forward to do the samething. I'm not a professional but some extra in-come would be amazing and useful. Thanks for the links you've posted, I'll check them out.

mintyfish

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Selling them as stock photos, like the other posters said, is a great idea. I also immediately thought of Deviantart. I've seen people sell prints on there before, but you might have to be pretty well established on the site for people to actually buy them.

tamron

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Stock photos are a hard way to make it. I have tried it in the past, and I made $0.79 for selling two photos. Needless to say, I retired early off my profits.

misfitchick

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Actually, if you want to make money selling photos online - you're probably going to need a more hefty camera. 8mp will probably be too small for most sites. I think the smallest some of them will take is 16mp, and even that is too small for some.

If you get a 20mp camera - and you have a good eye and a steady hand; you can make good money selling photos online. I sell on Shutterstock, and I've always had good luck with them. Alot of other people sell on several different sites.

If you really want to make a career of it - do some research and see what different sites require. For instance, selling photos to Getty Images is also an option. They probably pay more, but their requirements may be more strict. Good luck! :)

Pierre Eustache

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.12z
You can try out dreamstime and even make money giving your photos for free using Google adsense sharing programs. You can be professional by practicing, practicing and practicing. Selling pictures can help a lot as you can take as long shots as you want and sell them as long as you can suggest them contextually to your buyer!

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I found a local Gallery in town that said she would put my art in her gallery
I have been doing it for about 6 months and sold 5 pictures.
Its stuff I either draw paint or create with the computer.
There is very little people in that town and they rarely shop on the main street downtown

Lucas

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I see many good sites in here, but you can also make a DeviantArt account and start selling it there. It is also one of the best ways to get your digital portfolio without creating sites. You can also make an account on Fiverr and sell them there, or even offer doing some desired photos for cash. Pure profit ;)

juliaintheclouds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
You could check out society6. It's a bit like zazzle or cafepress, you can put up your photos and then people can order them on shirts, prints, mugs, pillows etc. The company makes and ships out the item and you get paid for it. I haven't used it myself but some people do really well on there.

OhioTom76

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Another site you may want to check out is GraphicRiver. They are a microstock site that sells images at relatively inexpensive prices. They may not be as strict as some of the other stock photo agencies such as Getty Images would be, with regards to the quality of the images, the resolutions and such.

I actually purchase from Graphic River quite often since their whole pricing model is so much more simple and straightforward - no goofing around with purchasing "credits" which in turn need to be exchanged for images. There's also no need for costly monthly subscriptions that I don't need either, I can just simply buy one image at a time. They also don't charge an arm and a leg for video footage like many of the bigger stock video sites do.

Speaking of video, have you considering shooting that as well with your phone? If it shoots 1080p, that should be good enough to get you on to some stock sites. Video files sell for more too, and if you're good with programs such as Adobe Premiere or After Effects, you can style them up a bit further to look even more professional.

78,865Threads
2,185,202Messages
4,953Members
Back