What makes one religion or belief better than another?

Users who are viewing this thread

Boomer

Nipples-O-Steel
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I don't make it a point to say one man's beliefs are better than another man's. I will say, however, that a religion that uses its influence to sway a group of people towards a selfish goal would be the only one I would oppose. By selfish I mean the preachers that say, God is everywhere, but here at church he's mad at you and you owe us money. Something like that. I dislike seeing people's faith get used to take advantage of them.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
I am not overly religious, but I was raised Christian. If I was to compare old world religions based on their text, many of them have similar stories. Many have the creation myth in which there was nothing, then there was something. In the Bible there was darkness, and then there was light. In science this is the Big Bang. There are also many stories of a massive flood. Almost all religions also have an end of the world myth. Why are they all so similar? Is it that newer religions adopted the old traditions/stories? Is it that whatever truths there are to religion, in the end, they are all the same?
All religions are Buddhism (because Buddhism is nothing but 'following the way of one who is Awakened/Enlightened'). 'How they got to this point from their beginnings' is about the same way that 'all the planets got to their positions in the Universe.'

That is to say: the reason why they are the same is because they all exist for the same purpose---not the ones they say they exist-for, but their reason for formation: to provide a distraction that leads to peace-with-yourself. The 'peace' comes from knowing that "the strong race you've run" wasn't 'all for nothing,' but enabled many-many things (future-runners to run better & stronger, further life in the world, etc.)

:mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::arghh:
Following error occurred:
Sorry, you were not able to post since the content contained a link

For this Forum, before you can create content with links, you must first meet the minimum requirements

Minimum Requirements
You must have created at least 10 Posts (Yours: 15)
You must have received at least 2 Likes (Yours: 2)
Your Like:post Ratio must be at least: 0% (Yours: 0%)
You must be registered for at least 3 days (Yours 82)

NOW, WHICH OF THOSE "MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS" DO I NOT FULFILL?

riberet19

Reaction score
Tokenz
326.83z
I really do not think there is a religion better than others, all this depends on the beliefs of each one, there are religions that by moral principles or beliefs come better for a person than with others, everything depends on your thinking and beliefs in reality.

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
I am not overly religious, but I was raised Christian. If I was to compare old world religions based on their text, many of them have similar stories. Many have the creation myth in which there was nothing, then there was something. In the Bible there was darkness, and then there was light. In science this is the Big Bang. There are also many stories of a massive flood. Almost all religions also have an end of the world myth. Why are they all so similar? Is it that newer religions adopted the old traditions/stories? Is it that whatever truths there are to religion, in the end, they are all the same?
This is actually a mystery that we can not unfold at the moment, as I have also been making these observations that you made out here with every religion of old having similar stories to the Bible as I am also raised a Christian. All religions of old speak of life after death and the believe that there is a supreme being who controls the affairs of man kind. Everything is just a mystery to me.

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
It's remarkable to see how origin stories and end-of-the-world predictions are similar throughout beliefs, including Christianity. I, too, was reared in the Christian religion and have seen many commonalities. It's possible that contemporary faiths have borrowed ancient legends and customs, or that these parallels represent a shared human experience and knowledge of the universe. It is possible that religious truths are eventually global and surpass various belief systems. While I am not particularly religious, I feel that investigating and comprehending other faiths and their parallels may bring great insight into the human condition and our collective past.

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back