What did you like about the PS1?

Users who are viewing this thread

One Direction

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
The PS 1 is one of my favorite consoles of all time. I got it as a gift from my parents for doing well in class. It had a lot of great games across a lot of different genres so it kept me busy at night and during the weekends. It also had the best controller that I have ever laid my hands on - the Dual Shock. Using analog controls felt so good.

What did you like about the PS 1?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

mauricioq

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I also got one on Christmas, and I loved it!
It was a new console so the graphics were amazing for the time, and the games were also mind-blowing for me!
Me and my brother used it for a long time before getting the 2, which was also amazing!

Joker99352

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I actually never used the analog sticks if I didn't have to. It wasn't until I got the Gamecube that I even used analog sticks regularly. Nowadays I can't imagine using the D-pad for primary movement unless it's a fighting game on the PS3. I'm so used to FPSs now, though, whereas I never played them on the PS1. I have a lot of nostalgic memories of the PS1 because it was my first semi-new console.

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
I had time crisis so i also had the gun as well, and also a steering wheel for driving games although that wasn't very good. What i liked was the fast loading times compared to other computers (back then). Games were also plentiful and easy to find

SS42A

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's the library of role playing games such as FFVII, FFT, Suikoden, Wild Arms, and Vandal Hearts which made me fall for the PS1. In addition, it also has great non-RPG's such as Tekken and Twisted Metal.

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Just like SS42A said, PS1 is the heaven for JRPG enthusiasts. Most of my favorite titles are in that platform and the only reason why I bought PS2 and PS3 is just to play the sequels of the title I played on PS1.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back