Walking Dead spin-off announced

Users who are viewing this thread

primalclaws1974

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
I have recently stopped watching "The Walking Dead, because I have grown so bored with it. I don't know for sure how many I am behind, but I'd say at least three episodes. Even so, this spin-off sounds pretty interesting. There will be less zombies (probably because make-up costs so much), and it will take place in LA instead of the Atlanta area. The show will be about the what started the outbreak, and will be more about the people. This suits me fine. When I still was into "Dead", it had always been about the people. The show would have been just as good as a story following a nuclear war. What do you think of a spin-off?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
Yes, I have heard that there was A Walking Dead spin off in the works. I guess it kind of makes sense, after all, what happened to the rest of the world in Zombie Apocalypse. I have to admit that like you I have kind of drifted away from the original show. I felt like it was getting way too dismal for me. I especially wasn't happy when Andrea was killed off since she was one of my favorite characters. Well, that is before involvement with the Governor but I still liked here and hope she would wise up then go back to her own group. But instead she was killed off. I started thinking I know this is a show about surviving a Zombie Apocalypse, but is it really wise to get invested in any character here, they all seem to be expendable.

y

primalclaws1974

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
That is true, most of the characters do get killed off, established or not. Dale and Herschel were two of my favorites, and they ran a few seasons each, but they did kill them off. The only characters that are likely never to be killed off are Rick, Carl, and Darrell. Everyone else will leave the show before it is done. As for the show itself, I think it will run another two seasons, and popular or not, they will shut it down, because the main actors that have stayed will want too much money to make it worth continuing.

joshposh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Anything was something to do with the Walking Dead, I'm on it. I love that series so naturally I'm going to watch any spin off they come up with. Yes they are trying to capitalize on the success and popularity of the series but I love the direction that the series is going and I know the producers are going to do something special with the spin off.

Lushlala

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I skipped right along as I've yet to watch the new series, don't want any spoilers LOL I love that show, I doubt very much I'm anywhere near being bored with it. I wouldn't mind checking out the spin off. I just hope they do it justice though. It's ridiculous how most shows now have to have a spin off. I hope it's not just the makers trying to milk the show for all it's worth off the back of its popularity and producing a mediocre series. but yes, I'll still watch it to see what it's all about.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back