Trying Stuff On..

Users who are viewing this thread

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
Anyone besides me try clothes on in a store and buy it and get home and not like the way it looks when you get home and look in your own mirror... I don't get it. Is it the lighting?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I hate trying on clothes in stores.

Mainly because I have Imogen with me and she likes to open the curtain when I'm half dressed or shout out something along the lines of "Your bum is really wobbly mummy - it's too big for those trousers." I can then hear other women in the other cubicles sniggering.

I now just buy it and hope for the best. Usually it works out ok.

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
They tilt their mirrors forwards slightly, gives everyones a nicer shape. Your own mirror at home is almost certainly not tilted.

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
Mainly because I have Imogen with me and she likes to open the curtain when I'm half dressed or shout out something along the lines of "Your bum is really wobbly mummy - it's too big for those trousers."
:24::24::24: Needless to say I have to take two shirts back. One I didn't try on. I assumed because the other one fit just right that it would shrink too much in the wash. So I picked up the next size and it's like a tent. The other just doesn't look as good here. You're prob right HK.

hart

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I won't buy it if I don't try it on in the store.....but I agree, those mirrors look better. But I know if I had Imogen I'd be a bribing her. Now if you don't talk about how the clothes look on mama, you can get an ice cream after.........

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I won't buy it if I don't try it on in the store.....but I agree, those mirrors look better. But I know if I had Imogen I'd be a bribing her. Now if you don't talk about how the clothes look on mama, you can get an ice cream after.........

:thumbup

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Nope, I order most stuff off t'interweb and if i shop actually in the shops, I never try stuff on. If I like the look of it, I buy it. If not then I dont bother. I return it if I dont like it.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
That happens all the time to me at TJ Maxx. I'll look great at their store, get home, and the shirt looks ridiculous.
I once bought a shirt that made me look like a friggin harlequin clown and didn't realize it until I brought it home :24:

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back