Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

JanieDough

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
She talks about how when she started it was a mess - she had no way of controlling the fire, and the glass would dry too quickly and shatter and go everywhere - which also sounds dangerous.

I think the controlled process she has developed is extremely impressive.

She said she hasn't perfected it yet - that when she does, she'll no longer be interested.

But how cool is it to be the first/only person to do this sort of thing.

Tim

Having way too much fun
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
111.11z
Braden Hammond has been around for a long time doing some great works of art (he is well known for his glass pieces)

This was just someone I knew about, I'm sure there a lot more.

Mystic

OTz's Typo Scouser
Reaction score
Tokenz
117.19z
i love art. i could spend my days in art galleries and have done and will do when i get the chance...however, i think this art is shit. It does nothing for me on an artistic level. I don't see anything but burn marks on a media. Now had they used those burn marks to create some scene i would most certainly say differently. At one point i thought a flower scene was being created by on of the glass burns and i was disappointed when it didn't go any where but to make burn marks that anyone can do.

JanieDough

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Braden Hammond has been around for a long time doing some great works of art (he is well known for his glass pieces)

This was just someone I knew about, I'm sure there a lot more.

Braden Hammond has mostly glass pieces on his site - his end result is mostly glass. The ones where he did burnt - look very small scale and it looks like he is doing with a little tube or vial - I don't think that's the same thing as blowing glass while you burn and dripping it all over - it's like the difference between paint by numbers and a Pollock.

215550_10150545171540571_330315075570_18018710_2400644_n.jpg

Estuko's been doing this for almost 20 years too.

I'd never seen it - either way I think it's cool.

i love art. i could spend my days in art galleries and have done and will do when i get the chance...however, i think this art is shit. It does nothing for me on an artistic level. I don't see anything but burn marks on a media. Now had they used those burn marks to create some scene i would most certainly say differently. At one point i thought a flower scene was being created by on of the glass burns and i was disappointed when it didn't go any where but to make burn marks that anyone can do.

I agree to a POINT. Yes, they are just burn marks. BUT this dude Rothko who is like a huge "abstract" painter - he has a WHITE CANVAS. Yeah - he PAINTED IT WHITE. And it's art and it's in a museum.

So I think it depends on your tastes, your passion and your standards.

To me, I think this is beautiful and I would totally buy one. (Estuko NOT Rothko - I hate Rothko ;) )

Rothko:

rothko_black%20on%20gray%201969.jpg

Think of all the abstract shit you see - like photos that are all dark with one spot of blue that is a distant light blurred out. Know what I mean? That is seen as art. So why can't this?

2853752-abstract-light-lines-in-blured-motion-abstract-done-with-the-camera-used-long-exposure-effect.jpg

PS I don't think I'm right and yall are wrong - I'm truly liking discussing this with yall. :) And I think yall are both valid, but it's not how I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back