Thrift stores/charity shops

Users who are viewing this thread

missbishi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
Does anyone here like thrift stores or charity shops, as we call them in the UK? I visit them frequently and have had some really good bargains in the past. OK, you have to persevere with them but the stock is constantly changing so chances are, if there's nothing you like one week, there's sure to be something the next. Some people think these stores are gross though. My reasoning is that the new clothes sold in stores have usually been tried on by at least one person, possibly more. Also, don't most garments end up at goodwill because they haven't been worn?

What do you think? Yuk or yay?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

angelicagapit

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
I'm down for thrift shops all the time.

I constantly go to thrift shops where I'm from. Not only do they actually have really good fashion pieces, they're also all affordable. I bought some high-waist jeans that cost me less than a dollar, and that's literally my favorite pair of jeans. I also buy cute loose tops and combat boots when I get the chance to.

There are some pieces that actually match with the modern trends today, you just have to be good at shopping at thrift shops to find the good pieces.

blueeyes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I am a big thrift/charity store shopper. As a matter of fact, its my favorite type of shopping, other than garage sales.There are certain things I won't buy at a thrift store ie: mattresses, pillows, hats, underwear or shoes but usually anything I can wash, I will buy. Today is thrifting with my friend day. We miss our garage sales at this time of the year,so have to get our fix at the thrift stores..haha

Muthoni

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I also enjoy a visit to the thrift store. I have a sister who has very good taste and she is the one who introduced me to my first thrift store visit. One can even buy pots for cooking at most of them. We went looking for a pan to make eggs and got one that was of very good quality. You have made me thirst to visit a store soon. I can imagine all the things they have on sale.

LitoLawless

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I love thrift stores. I would say that I do most of my shopping at thrift stores. You can find really good (and sometimes new) stuff if you look around. Also, there are a good amount of thrift shops in New York (which I live about 30 mins away from) so it's not out of my way to visit. I do a lot of shopping in designer outlets as well as online, but thrift stores will always be my favorite.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Sometimes you cant find what you are looking for elsewhere as it is no longer being produced.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back