The cause of shoulder pain?

Users who are viewing this thread

MrKay

Reaction score
Tokenz
386.36z
Shoulder pain can have various causes, including muscle strain, rotator cuff strain or injury, arthritis, frozen shoulder, shoulder impingement, bursitis, tendinitis, or a pinched nerve. It's possible to experience shoulder pain after carrying heavy items, as it can cause muscle strain, which over time can lead to more serious shoulder injuries.

To prevent shoulder pain when carrying heavy items, try using proper lifting techniques, such as keeping the back straight and lifting from the legs instead of the back. It's also important to take frequent breaks, especially if the load is heavy, and to stretch your arms and shoulders before and after carrying. Additionally, regularly engaging in exercises that target the shoulder muscles, such as shoulder presses or lateral raises, can help to strengthen the muscles and prevent future injury. If the pain continues, it is advisable to seek medical attention to determine the exact cause and receive appropriate treatment.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,926.55z
I had a partial thickness tear in my supraspinatus tendon in my right shoulder last fall. I've been doing physio on it for the last 7 months. The supraspinatus seems to have healed up but I still have a lot of pain in my shoulder, and it's a different pain than when it first started. My physiotherapist figures I probably have something going on with the subscapularis tendon. Whether that was there all along or is a new injury is anyone's guess. I find it super annoying that that doesn't seem to be healing. Physiotherapy is expensive and at this point I think I'm just going to give that up and live with my annoying shoulder. It's still functional, just painful in certain positions.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back