Spicing up ramen?

Users who are viewing this thread

FartoTheWise

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.14z
Ahhhhhhhhh! The best of cheap foods. I personally like to add either an egg, some onions. And honestly, a slice of cheese on the ramen once you drop it in.

What about you?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

dreamseer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I like to cook some Italian sausage or ground beef and add my ramen noodles to it. I also add some chopped onion and garlic. Oh, and I drain almost all the water off the noodles before I add everything together. It's kind of like Do-it-yourself hamburger helper!

JoanMcWench

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
This is a trade secret of my poor tongue abused days when all I ate had consisted of brick noodle:

Boil the water.
While it boils grab some frozen veggies. Peas and corn are a fantastic combo. Pour over said vegetables about a quarter cup of lemon juice. Shake your desired hot sauce upon thy veggie mix with half a packet of the seasoning. Lay sweet sweet brick of noodle over mixture and pour that boiling water. Poached egg atop. Good times. I would add an olive/caper mix sometimes when using less of the seasoning packet. Fills out the soup.

Oakster

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've tried putting an egg on but it didn't really do anything for me, I just put some veggies in with the ramen, some soy sauce and I'm happy.

Bictor

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I enjoy spicing up my ramen with a grilled sausage, which adds a heart meat flavor. The sausage confers a lot of salt and spice so that you need less of the seasoning packet that comes with the ramen. I like to add some sort of pickled or fermented vegetables that make the soup more complex, as well as make the soup lighter. One egg also adds a nice presentation piece and flavor to the ramen.

Makeshifter

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
I do the "add an egg" thing too. It really helps, in my opinion. Occasionally some onions will add a nice bit of flavor, especially with some of the more bland ramen flavors. Ah, glamours poverty.

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
egg is great in ramen, i also like to put ham for extra flavour, and some cabbage to make it a bit healthier. If it is available i get some pre-boiled eggs and slip one of those in. Pepper and sesame seed oil for the finishing touches.

MissPotato

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Ahhhhhhhhh! The best of cheap foods. I personally like to add either an egg, some onions. And honestly, a slice of cheese on the ramen once you drop it in.

What about you?

I love this too. For an extra kick, I put in chili flakes as well. Sometimes, I top it with ham or chicken. I was pleasantly surprised with how great cheese on ramen can taste ;)

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back