Users who are viewing this thread

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,027.05z
React to your posts!
One of the awesome things about the newer modern forum software of today, is it's adapting to newer trends. You now have an array of emojis to "react" to a post with. Each reaction will add or subtract to someone's reaction score that can be found on the members page, or on their post bit.

The reactions available to use are below:

like.png Like +1
love.png Love +1
haha.png Laugh +1
wow.png Wow Neutral
sad.png Sad Neutral
angry.png Angry Neutral
dislike.png Dislike -1
poop.png Shitpost -1

1682475938441.gif

Emojis for Everyone!
Yesterday I spent some time updating our databases to be able to include native emoji and unicode support. Our older database was using utf8_general_ci collation, and they are now updated to the newer UTF8mb4.

This means you can be on your mobile phone and insert the emojis directly from your keyboards. For those on bigger screens, they can use the "smiley" button to search for and insert directly. And now, Emojis and Smilies are not the same. Although they serve a similar purpose, smilies are usually strings of characters that we convert into images. Such as " :) ;) :cool: " etc. Emojis are natively supported across devices that can be typed directly from an emoji keyboard, most notably from mobile devices.

With that said, I will now probably add some animated smileys to our smilies section for those who loved to use some iconic classics.
1682475447005.png
Emoji should not be confused with Smilies, though they serve a similar purpose. Emoji are typed directly from an emoji keyboard layout, while smilies are typed as strings of characters that are converted to iconic images when the text is processed by XenForo.

Last edited:
    Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list
78,865Threads
2,185,201Messages
4,953Members
Back