Proof That Anyone With An Internet Connection Can Be A Fashion Critic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
This person clearly is a moron... Not everyone has to dress the same nor do they need to look like they're going into as Law Firm everyday.

I first realized I was too old to be shopping at an Abercrombie when I walked in those two giant doors and audibly said to myself, “Why is it so loud in here?” Over-sized rugby polos, frayed cargo shorts — it’s horrible. If you wear a suit, uniform, or business casual to work it, seems ridiculous for your weekend attire to make you look you’re an extra for a Color Me Badd video. Imagine your boss running in to you at Target on a Sunday afternoon and you looking like Nelly, complete with unnecessary facial Band-Aids. Like it or not, he’s not going to take you as seriously when you’re giving that presentation Monday morning. Your clothes play a big part of how other humans perceive you, so here are a couple things to avoid for your closet.

May. 18, 2012

By Chris Backley"

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/5-unforgivable-fashion-mistakes-that-men-make/

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

brieze

Maulds' Angel
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
If I saw a grown man {30+) looking like he just stepped out of an abercrombie ad, I wouldn't take him seriously either. IMJ.

There comes an age where dressing like a teenager just isn't "cool" anymore.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,371.70z
If I saw a grown man {30+) looking like he just stepped out of an abercrombie ad, I wouldn't take him seriously either. IMJ.

There comes an age where dressing like a teenager just isn't "cool" anymore.

IMJ???

My boss sees me out on the weekend and treats me differently on Monday b/c of how I was dressed, my boss needs to get a life. You'd have to be pretty fucking shallow to ignore the good work someone has done for you for years b/c you caught them in Wal-mart in cargo shorts and a tank top.

Kyle B

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think as long as you don't dress like a complete slob people don't really mind. Even then, I've seen people I know who have good jobs etc. wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants at the store on a Saturday.

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
If folks see me dressed up in a suit and shiny shoes they ask who died. Clothes may impress some but how you act and speak carries more of an impression.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,371.70z
I think as long as you don't dress like a complete slob people don't really mind. Even then, I've seen people I know who have good jobs etc. wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants at the store on a Saturday.

Agreed. I saw one of our police officers in a pair of American Flag Hammer pants and a t-shirt that said "Spread 'em, obey the law" or something like that w/ a picture of a cartoon female on a bed. He's a detective now. I laughed at him...but it never changed my opinion of his job performance. ;)

brieze

Maulds' Angel
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
IMJ???

My boss sees me out on the weekend and treats me differently on Monday b/c of how I was dressed, my boss needs to get a life. You'd have to be pretty fucking shallow to ignore the good work someone has done for you for years b/c you caught them in Wal-mart in cargo shorts and a tank top.

IJS* lol, But I'm sure you guessed that.

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I laughed at the thought that he described the clothing line like it was some skate or urban brand. I have NEVER seen an Abercrombie polo that was oversized, unless you're wearing something that is too big for you. I totally agree with Tasha.

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
Oh looky... Me in Abercrombie :tooth

534653_425257400874324_720882054_n.jpg

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back