power failure and computer crashed

Users who are viewing this thread

Alien Allen

Froggy the Prick
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,206.36z
Storm knocked out power last night. Booted the computer and it just goes to the blue screen even in safe mode. Any any tricks worth trying. I might have a XP disc but after moving don't know where it is to see if I can do a repair.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Alien Allen

Froggy the Prick
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,206.36z
I would know where to begin with that darkcgi

I did find the Windows XP disc and tried doing a repair.

When I typed r to go into the recovery console I got this and nothing happens

C:\>

I got a feeling this think is toast. Not the end of the world but was not really interested in buying another desktop when in the next year I am sure my laptop will bite the dust due to age.

I could live with just the laptop but I never could get the damn thing to print remotely
My laptop before that I could get to print as both systems were XP but with this laptop it has Windows 7 premium and could never get it to sync. Now I suppose I could buy a Wi-Fi printer if that would resolve this

Alien Allen

Froggy the Prick
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,206.36z
TM

It is a Dell

I booted the Dell XP windows disc

When it gave the option for a repair or replace I typed in ....... r

For repair

And as I said above got this and nothing happened. It should have started the repair but just sat there in dos waiting for an action>>>>

C:\>

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Do you have the other cds that came with it..alot of dells come with a diagnostic disc

!

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.19z
Try to copy down the blue screen stop code and you can google that online, should tell you how to fix it. Something could have corrupted the O/S but it could also be something like faulty memory by the power outage.

Here are video instructions that may help you do your repair using the install disk:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ash1280

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
From my experience I used the QuckRestore CDs.
I reboot and when the logo appears I press the "8" button on top of the keyboard and proceed with the prompts.
Each system has its own way.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back