Pilates!

Users who are viewing this thread

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
has anyone here ever done studio pilates? I don't mean the kind on the mat...I'm talking about using one of these:
Pilates_4000.jpg

I did an intro class a few months ago at my gym, and 3 days later I went down a dress size. The classes are pretty pricey, I think at Bally's they are $236 for 16 sessions...I have been waiting for months to have enough money to go and take the classes, and i FINALLY got signed up! My first day was today and man it was such a good workout. The idea is, when you are lifting weights, you are pushing with your muscles..but with pilates, you pull on the bands, and stretch the muscles while at the same time you have to control them and there is resistance
Anyways, my first day today was awesome...I can already feel how sore my stomach is going to be lol. I also took some before pics...i will post them up after i get the "after" ones in a month when my class ends. I've only done it twice so far, but I really swear by this stuff.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

OUZBnd

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Never done it. I dont understand how any excersice could drop a dress size in three days, but if it did it must work pretty damn good!

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
i tried it back in october or november adn noticed a HUGE change..i will post pictures from my birthday (10/21) and then a pic from 2 weeks later, after I had tried the pilates...it could be just coincidence, but I doubt it..I had already been working out for a while, and when i did pilates immediately afterwards I dropped a size. and this was after I had already been going to the gym for about a month. I am starting to feel the soreness now...it's a very deep tissue soreness...not regular muscle soreness. Very painful but not unbearable. Almost like getting a massage that is too hard? I dunno how to describe it, other than to say it's really different.

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
you can totally see the loss in your face!
but i mean i know pilates doesnt work your cheeks or anything-- but i can see a difference!

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
day after workout update:
CANT FREAKING MOVE! owww. Ok well I can, but getting up is SO much work. I'm going to relax today and go and do some cardio and stretching this evening. But Man I am tired, I didn't sleep well last night for some reason, and now this soreness...I think today will be a rest day for me. Maybe I'll cook something yummy up for lunch!

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
day 2 of pilates update:
my KEGELS are sore! yes thats right! :D woooooo! That is the best kinda sore there is! also my inner thighs and chest.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back