Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Cory

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
As a player, Larry Bird was better then Ewing in any category you bring up other then rebounding. As a power forward which I feel both were suited for, I'd give it to Ewing. He knew how to play that position very well, but he was limited to that position his whole career. Bird was a better all around player which made him a bigger asset to teams and fans.

Firelily99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Patrick Ewing was a terrific player but Larry Bird was by far the better all around player. Part of this is due to the fact that he was limited by the fact that he was a center, part of it was the players that surrounded him on the Knicks. Larry Bird is one of the all time greatest players, at minimum in the top ten. He wasn't all that fast nor could he jump much but his skill set was superb and his basketball was exceptional, even brilliant.

One Direction

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
I believe that this is a no contest. Though they play different roles, Larry Bird is clearly the far superior basketball player. He's such a great shooter and could move the ball pretty well. I think Ewing is only effective on the inside while Bird is effective outside and the inside. Also, Bird is more famous which means that he's made more of an impact in the basketball world than Ewing has. And why is that? Because he's better.

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back