Paintings

Users who are viewing this thread

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
Do you favour certain colours in a painting?

I can not paint, but i have notice that i find paintings that have golden colour to like them more

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
…that’s interesting, AsrtraPorta….I guess that we may be drawn to colours in art works in the same way as we would be in choosing colour palettes for our homes…for our walls and furnishings etc…golden colours that you’re drawn to…?…I would say that would indicate you being drawn to warmth and comfort and safety …which would make complete sense…

…for me, in general…I’m often a monochrome/black and white person…but I like very bold splashes of colour displayed in a more neutral setting as well …I love artists like Klimt/Kandinsky/Mondrian…I also love pop art and Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein…and I also love Van Gogh who expressed his emotions through his paint strokes, which can be felt so easily in his paintings….when he felt more ‘calm’ and when he felt less so…

…but no, in answer to your question…I don’t think that I am attracted to a specific colour other than being quite monochrome in my tastes…but I am interested in the meaning of colours to the artist…I’m really not someone who has any art knowledge, though…

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
That is one great explanation Ammi
I like all colours but seems if there is a touch of golden there feel nicer , not sure about the being drawn to warmth
because i prefer a minimalist interior ... now my art knowledge is non existent but colour play a big role to me (of course need to match the decor)

magnus2022

Reaction score
Tokenz
435.62z
I don't have special attachment to any colour. Am naturally connected to every colour. Though, I love artwork with dull colors than bright colors. I don't like artwork with overly bright colors.

78,865Threads
2,185,202Messages
4,953Members
Back