MyFitnessPal - a great way to count calories

Users who are viewing this thread

MisterRay97

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I've been using this phone app for around 4 months and it's helping me regulate my diet a lot. MyFitnessPal allows you to calculate your daily calorie intake and exercise easily. If you are struggling with weight loss, this app can help. You can also use their website to track your calories. Best of all, it's completely free to use and you can add foods offline provided you've already added the food items you may want to add earlier.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Mockingbird

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
I use my fitness pal, it is really great for breaking down whats in the food you eat. I don't have the phone version I use the website and i have to say it is a pretty cool program. Do you use the feature that also adds your exercise? I noticed it lacked some exercise stuff but seems to have a large assortment of everyday things people do that can burn calories.

Most of the foods are in there in the online version, there is a search function and you can find most name brand products. The only things i had to really search for was Chinese food items. Otherwise everything was searchable, even the weird green tortillas I love!

MisterRay97

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I use my fitness pal, it is really great for breaking down whats in the food you eat. I don't have the phone version I use the website and i have to say it is a pretty cool program. Do you use the feature that also adds your exercise? I noticed it lacked some exercise stuff but seems to have a large assortment of everyday things people do that can burn calories.

Most of the foods are in there in the online version, there is a search function and you can find most name brand products. The only things i had to really search for was Chinese food items. Otherwise everything was searchable, even the weird green tortillas I love!
Yes. The only exercise I've done is walking, but I still add that up because I walk like 1km. daily from my bus stop to my home. It says that I lose about 50 calories for it. Pretty great app. I live in India and I thought that Indian food would be hard to find, but I can find those easily! Also, I love the barcode scanning feature. It worked fine for almost all the items I've scanned.

MLNewkirk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Thank you for sharing this! I will definitely look into this. Both my husband and I are struggling to lose weight and we've been looking for ways to stay on track. I think that if we get this app on our phone it'll will help us out greatly because we'll be able totrack our progress. Right now, we have nothing that does that. I actually used to keep a journal but I've misplaced it. And then, Thanksgiving and Christmas happened. I'm looking froward to trying out this app!

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back