Minecraft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gemma

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
How many have succumbed to the lure of Minecraft? The graphics of it on the PS4 make me crazy but I still like building and creating things. I also like the thrill of digging and finding something rare.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Shimus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
That's why we played it. It keeps you going, even with no story and no plot. It's fun to try out. and then you get addicted. I've played since BETA on the PC back with limited resources, and it's lovely to see what it's become over time.

sidney

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.79z
I tried playing it once, but I did not get addicted to it. Such games with no ending isn't really my cup of tea. The graphics are too simple too. They could have improved it so that it looks more attractive to the gamers. It looks too plain, but that's just me. I'm sure other people love and appreciate the game.

Shimus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
"They" were one guy, named "Notch" who developed the game. Mojang is who he sold the rights to, and they've since had their own studios/etc. But if you take into account ONE MAN made it all, it's quite impressive he designed it that well from the ground up himself. And he made the graphics to appeal to the audience he wanted to market the game to - 8+ but mainly 8-20. Anywhere in there. I can get people who dislike open ended games though, my friends are like that. I don't mind no closure, as long as it continues to hold my interest.

Gemma

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
The open-ended thing is something that I like about it. It lets me start and stop pretty much whenever I want. I don't lose the thread of the game if I stop playing for a few days or weeks. I'm not really very good at video games usually. I have trouble with the controls and 'forget' how to do stuff if it's complicated. With minecraft, that's not a problem. I would appreciate better graphics but I think for the computer version, you can get upgrades or additions to smooth out the graphics.

Shimus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I hear peoples' distaste with their graphics, but that's how it was meant to look - old retro, and blocky. He didn't want it looking like XXX other game out there on the market.

78,865Threads
2,185,203Messages
4,953Members
Back