New Features Member Stories

Users who are viewing this thread

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,027.05z
In the age of social media, we've noticed how popular member stories have become across an array of different apps. (Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc) Social media being one of the many reasons why forums these days are on a decline. As the saying goes, if you can't beat them, join them. So inspired by those popular apps, I wanted to bring some of that same spirit to our community here on OTz.

Starting today, I have introduced a new section called "Member Stories". They will be at the top of the forum index where you can share your personal experiences and life stories on Off Topicz using photos and videos that will be visible to the community for 24 hours. Here you can share quick images or clips of what's going on in your life, memories, etc.

chrome_2023-05-12_20-50-48.gif
Click image to enlarge and see a gif
(Thanks to @Brad P & @fords8 for being part of the showcase)

You can set who can see your stories in your privacy settings:
1683939487582.png

Once a story has been posted by you, you can then see select to view it yourself, or delete it in your account settings
1683939582820.png

I understand that everyone has a unique story to tell, and I encourage you to share your with us. You can upload a photo or video, add text, and share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences with the community. Other members will be able to view your story for 24 hours.

I cant wait to see what kind of stories you all have to share :)

P.S. I expect to see some puppies and kittens. Nay, I demand it :O

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,955.60z
Seems a little extreme but OK.
B0ufo0m.gif

Starmix

Reaction score
Tokenz
2,628.59z
Lol I will share my journey of being a spinster lol. I was still in my 30's when they tagged me as old maid lol because am strict lol.
Life is what we make it, as long as you are happy being single forever and financially stable, no one cares. May are married only to land to breakup.

relcap23

Reaction score
Tokenz
737.53z
Life is what we make it, as long as you are happy being single forever and financially stable, no one cares. May are married only to land to breakup.
Better to stay single than tied up with an undesirable man forever. Love may fly out of the window if problems crops in.

78,865Threads
2,185,201Messages
4,953Members
Back