Make your own statement or follow trends?

Users who are viewing this thread

lizzief79

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
In terms of fashion, would you prefer to make your own statement and not conform or do you buy all the latest trends? I am a lover of charity shops so I have accidentally fallen into the current trend for retro and vintage.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

angelicagapit

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
I tend not to follow trends, because eventually they'll just get outdated. I do my best to wear clothes that best express who I am as a person. I wear my clothes with confidence, and if I feel like I look good in it, then that's fine with me. If it's not a trend, it's still fine with me. I wear clothes that I feel like wearing. I do have my own fashion sense, and it's not exactly a trend. However, people still seem to compliment my fashion, so I'm fine with how I am.

mary

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.53z
l definitely try not to follow trends as l like my own style and on top of that l only have a small budget to work with and when you have a small budget you have to get creative, once in a while l might be feeling flush and l might splash out on one item that is fashionable but that does not happen very often.

kammy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I do make my own statement but that doesn't mean that i don't wear the latest trends; as i love to rock whatever clothing is trending once my budget allows it.

gata montes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.32z
As my taste in clothes has always been stylish but classic - current trends or whats in or out in terms of fashion has never really ever been of any importance to me and as I strongly believe that its very possible not to have to sacrifice comfort in order to look both elegant and stylish - I am very much one of those people who much prefers to wear clothes that are reasonably unique and fit well - as well as ones that I feel comfortable in, enjoy wearing , are practical and most of all suit me - rather than be influenced by whats in and out of fashion.

missbishi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I don't really do trends at all. As it is, I buy most of my clothes from the charity shops so I never really deviate from top and jeans or dress and leggings. Whislst some high fashion items look gret, they look so dated six months down the line so I find it more economical to avoid the trends altogether and stick to the basics.

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
There are times that one has to make their own statements and a lot of times you just have to follow the trend as it is something that you align with or is more o what you have in mind as your statement. Not because they say do not follow the crowd that when what the crowd are doing is right then you decide to do yours in order not to follow the crowd and be doing the very wrong thing.

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,271.63z
I tend not to like trends, and I have a fashion style according to my own comfort. I don't care how old my fashion is, as long as I'm comfortable wearing it. Yes, convenience is the most important principle for me.

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
In as much as I love to make my own statements, there are times where by one has to go with the flow of what is trending at the moment or wait after it has finished trending before you start making use of such thing but to me it is not a bad idea for one to follow the trend and also be making their own statements in any thing that they do.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back