"Lost" ending finally explained!

Users who are viewing this thread

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
For those (like me) that were fans of lost, watched every episode, and was left wondering about the cryptic ending, the writers (after 4 years) have finally decided to explain what happened at the end:

'Lost' writers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have explained the cryptic ending of the show, telling fans that the characters were not dead all along and existing in purgatory.

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/lost-creator...ies-ending-–-daily-tv-round-up-104415828.html

You may now all sleep well tonight :D

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

One Direction

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
Time to go to sleep then...

Wait I can't. Because there are a gazillion other things in Lost that haven't been explained yet!

Hmm, or maybe I was just not paying attention really hard when I was watching. Anyways, great series. The best I've watched in ages. But Suits is quickly gaining ground.

galmal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.25z
I was an avid watcher of this show when it was on and really enjoyed it, but there seemed to be so much that wasn't explained. I've recently started binge watching it on netflix, and am catching a lot of things that I missed the first time around. Remember the polar bear from the 1st season, there was one comment sometime around the 3rd season where they mention that the original Dharma group had a zoo on the island - that's one mystery solved. However, there are still more mysteries left unsolved. Maybe that was the point - leave us guessing and trying to figure things out for ourselves.

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
Wait this was all real? If that is the case how do they explain some of the strange things that went on while they were on that island. For example the smoke monster that would show up and devour people. Also, the dead people they would see at times. Come on I find this hard to believe.

I watched Lost for a good portion of the time it was on and for me it always came across as if this was purgatory. The ending also came across as if they had worked out their stuff and were now being allowed to cross over. Sorry, just can't buy that this was a real Island. Maybe its just me but I stand by the belief that this was a mid way point in the after life. How else can anyone explain all the questions and mysteries surrounding this show.

galmal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.25z
I'm currently watching the last season, so all the answer haven't come yet (I know, most of them never came at all), but the smoke monster is actually "The Man in Black". It shows, back during the Roman age, a mad woman lived on the island with twin boys - one was Jacob (or good, or God) the other was unnamed (so far) and he represents evil. The island has a magnetic force that keeps both men on the island - but the Man in Black wants to escape and if he does, all mankind will end. He becomes the smoke monster and kills those he thinks will oppose him, and lets others live who he thinks will help him escape. The show hints that the dead people are actually The Man in Black, imitating loved ones to manipulate the people on the island.

It really is a "morality play" - it shows good vs. evil and how they manipulate and corrupt us mortals. Plus, it's TV - when has common sense ever been an issue.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back