Long Awaited Updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,029.43z
It has been far to long since I posted any news or announcement, even longer since I've made any updates. So, without further a due let me explain some of the new small minimalistic features to the site. Nothing to big or life changing.

Updated User Info
First off, The user's post bit area beside messages have been edited to a more "Clean" look. The user's information is hidden until you hover over their user info block. At which point, it should now display in a more modern way of how many messages they have posted, their current number of likes, their trophy points (Which will be important later) and their current number of positive, neutral, and negative ratings. As well as this, I have added the "Tokenz" icon next to user names which upon hover will soon show how many Tokenz they have. Once clicked, you can transfer tokens to this user if you so choose.
Cheers to @The Man for being my showcase example without consent ;)
ezgif-3754566138.gif

Unfortunately, the default theme has come to an end of life. All users have been switched to the UI.X Framework. Users who were using the older theme I am in the works for an updated version. Please stand by!

New Server
Off Topicz.com has a new server all of its own! We will soon no longer be on a shared hosting service. This new server is expensive and will sure to speed the website up considerably. I want to start going down this route as I start trying to bring new people to the forum and get us active and to our prime once more.

Trophy System
As mentioned earlier, I said displaying the users trophy points will be important later. Well, this is where I discuss that. Our forum software, XenForo has a built in trophy system which we have not really put into any good use. I decided since I will now be looking to bring life back into the forum, what better way then adding some incentives?

The Trophy system will have different categories for each of you to earn trophies in. These categories are as follows:
Posts - This will be trophies given to people who have posted a number of messages around the board.
Threads - This will be trophies given to users who have started a number of threads.
Likes - These trophies will be awarded to those who have been liked a number of times.
Social - For those who have connected their social media accounts with the forum.
Feat of Strength - Trophies that can require some difficulty in getting.
Legacy - Trophies which you can no longer obtain. Such as the Charter Member trophy. Which will be given to those users who were one of the very first members of the forum!

More and more trophies can be added through out time as we do events, competitions, etc.
You can check out the full list of trophies that can currently be earned by following this URL:
http://www.offtopicz.net/help/trophies

At the time of writing this, there is currently 36 obtainable trophies and 1 unobtainable trophy.
Got any ideas for a trophy? Let me know!

User Titles
User titles have always been tied to the amount of trophy points you currently have. So I have decided to make use of this. If you are not a premium member, valued contributor, or a staff member then your user title will follow the structure provider below based on the amount of trophy points you have acquired. Alternatively, you can visit the store to get a custom user title :)

If you have changed your user title in the past, then I will keep true to this and you still will have your previous custom user title!

Current Setting:
User Title Rank: Min Trophy Points:
Visitor/Guest 0
New Member 50
Regular Member 100
Senior Member 1,000
Renowned Member 2,000
Legendary Member 3,000

As time goes on with more trophies being added, and more members joining, more ranks may be added and or these minimum requirements may be changed.

Miscellaneous
Always good to add a few extra stuff that in here.
- Better Anti-Spam prevention software. Because of this, new users are unable to post links until they reached a certain threshold and criteria.
- Forum software updates. Important for security.
- Small CSS edits to the theme.
- Various bugs fixed. I urge you to report any bug you find.

As always, sorry for the long wall of text. I like to be as thorough as possible. If you actually read the entire thing, you deserve a cookie! Anyhow, got any questions, suggestions, feedback. Let me know.

Last edited:
    Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list
78,865Threads
2,185,202Messages
4,953Members
Back