Left hand path vs Right hand path?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gemma

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I'll used the definition on altreligion about as a basic definition since my own definition might be a bit biased:

"The left-hand path is about the elevation and centrality of the self as well as the rejection of religious authority and societal taboos. The left-hand path focuses on the strength and will of the practitioner, downplaying the need for intercession by any high power. The right-hand path "concentrates on the symbols of goodness, of the sun, of herd mentality and submission to god(s) and religious authority. The vast majority of religions are considered part of the right-hand path, from Christianity to Wicca."​

My friends and I frequently get into long drawn out philosophical discussions, especially when we're not entirely sober and haven't seen each other for a while. We're all gathered for easter weekend, though what easter means to each of us is pretty varied. The discussion of left-hand vs right-hand paths lasted quite a while.

Do you follow a right-hand path religion or spirituality? If so, have you heard this terminology before? Left-hand-path people seem to all know the terminology but the other side rarely seems to weigh in. How do you feel about this particular type of dualism? Do you feel it is more descriptive than light/dark or good/evil or does it muddy the waters?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
Thank you for explaining the difference between the left and right pathways. It should be noted that these concepts are frequently used in the context of spirituality and religion, and there is much disagreement and interpretation about what they imply and how they are performed.

magnus2022

Reaction score
Tokenz
435.62z
Am a right hand spiritualist. I believe in God, demons, spirits etc .I believe there is a supreme being that controls and influence what is happening in our universe.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back