I thought it was pretty amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I'm not the kind of guy who buys things to hang on the wall most of the time, but this past weekend we spent scouring the city of Asheville, North Carolina (one of the most coolest towns I've hung out in) and came across this.

I know, kind of rinky, but it's actually a leaf, and pretty neat if you ask me (less expensive than the $20,000 dinning table we saw LOL).

The "artist" had multiple designs on different leafs, but the boy and dog fishing got me.

pretty.jpg

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
That's pretty cool, Joe.

Thanks, thought so to.

I'm not a "city person" by any means, but if there is one town I could see myself hanging out in around NC, it's Asheville.

Typical scenes on the weekend

town.jpg

I actually thought about taking this piece home, pretty neat IMO done on two old windows, but two things stopped me. Not really sure where I would hang both pieces together and although it was neat, wasn't neat enough for my pocketbook LOL

fish.jpg

As mentioned, the town and neighboring Black Mountain has some great artesians (sp?) and woodworking people. Use to work around Asheville for "real work", but funny how sometimes you don't notice a town when your there for work as compared to have fun. Certain all the musicians come out on the weekends (bunch of them) due to the tourists.

mauricioq

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Wow! First time I've seen a leaf like that! =o

Looks amazing, the artist clearly had a hard work making the design, i'm glad you helped him out by buying it. :)

diprod

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
That is indeed a pretty cool art leaf! I would like something like that on my wall as well. Good job on finding it!

writeletters

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
That's really awesome. I'd definitely by art like that. It's very deep, in a subtle way, art. That's why I love it so much. Thanks for sharing the image!

dreamseer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I love the leaf, and Ashville too! I am in Tennessee, and have driven through Ashville many times on my way to the coast. My first time there, I was having car trouble and decided to stop for the night. Couldn't have picked a better place to stop.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back