Home Grown Papaya.....

Users who are viewing this thread

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
these are pictures of my home grown papaya,,,,,which I just plucked and left to ripen for a few days.
You can view a few pictures after I dressed up a papaya for my salad.
Some pictures were too large for posting here,,,sorry
I hope you too enjoy papaya.....this one is delicious, Orange colored , having good texture and flavor
Yummy!!

NB: I checked but sorry all pictures except one won't come through!
Will try to post them in FOOD section...papaya afterall is also FOOD!

10411905_10202346987456600_842677827181538373_n.jpg

Attachments

• papaya 2.jpg
    papaya 2.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 3
    Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Looks like you have enough for a few people...how long will it keep?

These have to be picked before they are ripe....keep them in a warm place or wrapped in a newspaper or some napkin and they will ripen after one week or so.

Before ripening the papaya are green and turn to yellow when ready for a fill.
After ripening Papaya's cannot be kept for long..and should be eaten immediately otherwise they will lose their texture and flavor.

twenty or more people can have enjoy the crop obtained in a single harvest.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Sounds like you need to have a get together to eat the papaya up..everyone bring a dish of something and feast[emoji2]

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
People have get togethers like that alot in the states. .gives everyone a chance to all see each other and eat good in the same day..they take thier dish when they leave ..little mess for the host..everyone usually brings what they are best at cooking or what everyone else likes the most..the host usually supplies the meat.

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
People have get togethers like that alot in the states. .gives everyone a chance to all see each other and eat good in the same day..they take thier dish when they leave ..little mess for the host..everyone usually brings what they are best at cooking or what everyone else likes the most..the host usually supplies the meat.

Over here the host serves everything to the guests....
Guests don't have to bother for anything...
cultural difference..
However, this American system has cropped up in a very few families, often richer ones....and it is generally considered bad custom for guests to bring their own food,,,,Here they call it 'dish party' ....I don't think there is anything wrong with it but customs take time to change

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z

We too have get togethers off and on,,,particularly when some old friend comes to town after some period...
the party can be hosted by an
volunteer friend who foots the bill.
Next time someone else does it...but it's not a fixed rule

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Over here the host serves everything to the guests....
Guests don't have to bother for anything...
cultural difference..
However, this American system has cropped up in a very few families, often richer ones....and it is generally considered bad custom for guests to bring their own food,,,,Here they call it 'dish party' ....I don't think there is anything wrong with it but customs take time to change
They dont have to here either..I am saying the bring a dish deal can make for some good eating as there are many many items to choose from.
There is simply no way I can make 20 items here for example..
I am not talking about having someone over for dinner but for big get-togethers

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
They dont have to here either..I am saying the bring a dish deal can make for some good eating as there are many many items to choose from.
There is simply no way I can make 20 items here for example..
I am not talking about having someone over for dinner but for big get-togethers

Here the batch ( 15 to 20) go to a club or a restaurant for get togethers,,.,
even if we went to hosts place he has cooks for preparing 100 dishes for the guests! No problem for us...I told you we live like Lords!!;)

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Here the batch ( 15 to 20) go to a club or a restaurant for get togethers,,.,
even if we went to hosts place he has cooks for preparing 100 dishes for the guests! No problem for us...I told you we live like Lords!!;)
We often do that to and all go to a buffet.
But an American tradition has been BBQ get togethers where you cook on a grill outside and socialize..I am sure you guys have sonething similar just names something else

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
We often do that to and all go to a buffet.
But an American tradition has been BBQ get togethers where you cook on a grill outside and socialize..I am sure you guys have sonething similar just names something else

Good,,,,,BBQ eateries are very common in town,,,,and it is easier to go there and have the fill.

BBQ's are held on Eid Festival Days....when Muslims slaughter sheep, goats, cows, bulls and camels...for 3 days in a row. The meat comes from the sacrificial animals and all one needs to look for is a good BBQ chef among friends or family

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back