Goals for the week!

Users who are viewing this thread

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
Mine: to find a new eliptical or just cardio machine in general. After 2 weeks your body tends to get used to a machine and you need to keep your body guessing by switching it up, so you can keep burning the same amount of calories or more. It's going to be a challenge to stay on a new one for 30 mins also...the other ones at the gym work totally different muscle groups.

food: to just continue what I'm doing. Also to eat fresh foods more than frozen meals.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
hey clare-- you should also try to switch cardio in the same day...

usually what ill do is the eliptical for 30mins then do some weights and then go back and do the rower or something for another 15mins... you can change the increments and still keep your body guessing. this is something the trainers told me on day one.. and thats like the only thing i stuck to!

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
Workingout- I will work out more w/ heather. But since I work today, tommorrow and all weekend, Im not sure when I will fit it in.

food- I always do better with food when I am working since I am away from the temptation. I will bring a bag of grapes with me and a sub. :)

Mrs Behavin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.55z
Workingout- I will work out more w/ heather. But since I work today, tommorrow and all weekend, Im not sure when I will fit it in.

food- I always do better with food when I am working since I am away from the temptation. I will bring a bag of grapes with me and a sub. :)

Do we have the same schedule? I work tonight, tomorrow night, and weekend too!

Anywho, every day when my girls get off the school bus, all 3 of us go walking. We have been doing it every day except for rainy days. Its hard for me to get to a gym with kids and work, and trying to squeeze in sleep in there somewhere.

As far as food...I do pretty good except for the sodas. Thats my weakness.

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
I think I am going to develop some kind of rotating cardio schedule. I need the structure of a schedule, because I know if I keep myself guessing like I am trying to keep my body guessing, it just won't happen period lol. On Friday I tried a new eliptical, and man it was killllerrrr...totally different muscle groups were working. So that was on the plan for this week. Also tonight I have a tae kwan do demo class! Yay I'm excited about that!!

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
well-- im very excited!!!
i made my friend cat join the gym i go to... so now i have another new gym buddy!!
yayayayayayaya!!!!

and i did the best food shopping today tooooo!!
no more puking! woooohooooo

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
yaaay! go heather!

well so far I have been doing good. I fell asleep early last night and didn't make it to the gym (ooooops) but its ok because its wasnt intentional...this morning i started the pilates, and i feel it already. My roommate skipped out on me again tonight with going to the gym, and im kinda pissed because i was sitting around waiting for him again..but yeah. Screw it i have to get up super early tomorrow and I already did some cardio this mornign before pilates. oh well. 2 hours tomorrow maybe.

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
welllll--- while i was sitting with cat getting her signed up i was picking the brain of the trainer manager dude...

i decided im going to start taking some classes... its really good for your body NOT to have a clue whats coming... (like the same workout every week) so you should always change it... and the loss will be noticeable-- so that was #1

then he coaxed me into signing up for this challenge that started like 2 weeks ago-- so im behind anyway... but its like a challenge to see what % of your body weight you can lose in 2 months.. the top loser will receive a lifetime membership to the gym...
im pretty sure i cant win with being behind 2 weeks--- but im interested to see what happens... it end march 5th i think.. that was #2

and for having cat sign up i got a new gym bookbag and a towel-- wooooohoo im excited ... and that was #3

OUZBnd

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
My goal is to start working more on my abs and cardio. I'm starting to lose my pack, which i guess is a sign i'm getting old. What is sad though that all this muscle I'm putting on now and getting bigger and all, come a few years if I'm not committed to this it will just all turn to fat, then I will just be out of shape. Depressing, huh?

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
So Goal results people??

my week did not go as well as expected. My roommate Billy has become my gym buddy, and his ex gf came and picked him up wednesday to take him to get something from school, and they never came back until last night (friday) late. I went to pilates wednesday morning, adn had every intention of going back that night for additional workout time..and also on thursday and friday night...but i was pretty worried that we hadnt heard anything from him and i just kept waiting on his ass to go with me. Next time I'm not gonna do that. So yeah this week was only a 5 on a scale from 1-10. Also I am broke and running out of food, so ive had a few bites of things i shouldnt have...had to eat ground beef instead of grounf turkey, etc. But I just got a paycheck so that is going to my food expenses for the week now.

and Ouz, muscle doesn't actually turn INTO fat. That is a misconception. The muscle loses it's mass, and fat gains it's mass when you stop exercising.

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
i did pretty ok for the week
lost 6 pounds-- GO FLU!!!
also got my additional gym buddy! yay!!
started up at cardio kick boxing again friday-- OUCH my whole body hurts!! apparently it had been too long since the last time i did that-- in some sick demented way the pain feels good...
ive been eating really well too-- denied the late night hot dog after going out tonight... sweet lou (thats the hot dog guy's name) was happy to see us, but he had the hot dog ready for me.. and i said no thanks :(

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
in some sick demented way the pain feels good...
i know EXACTLY what you mean. I love being sore...it hurts but it means it's actually working. Soreness is like a drug.

ive been eating really well too-- denied the late night hot dog after going out tonight... sweet lou (thats the hot dog guy's name) was happy to see us, but he had the hot dog ready for me.. and i said no thanks [:(/quote]
awww you have a hot dog man. I wish we had hotdog stands down here in the south :( we just have taco bells and whataburgers everywhere. Oh well. Good for you! And if you like hotdogs, Healthy Choice makes some pretty good ones!

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
It's such a ritual for us.. .there is this hot dog guy "sweet lou" as I mentioned and he comes to the local bars in this one area as they are closing. I only used to get one with ketchup.. everyone else gets like 3 chili cheese dogs and 14 with the works.. me just ketchup-- "but a minute on the lips, forever on the hips"
so they say anyway... :(
even though it doesnt SOUND like a big deal... i was only one sans hot dog--- and i;m proud of myself

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
It's such a ritual for us.. .there is this hot dog guy "sweet lou" as I mentioned and he comes to the local bars in this one area as they are closing. I only used to get one with ketchup.. everyone else gets like 3 chili cheese dogs and 14 with the works.. me just ketchup-- "but a minute on the lips, forever on the hips"
so they say anyway... :(
even though it doesnt SOUND like a big deal... i was only one sans hot dog--- and i;m proud of myself
yeah its hard when matt sends me out to get fast food for him and billy...especially when one of them wants something that i really like..like curly fries or bacon cheddar wedges from jack in the box... :( but ive kinda stopped getting them stuff, unless i am someplace already getting me somehting like a grilled chicken sandwich.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back