Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Shimus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I grew up reading the like his books through high school ,along with Terry Goodkind's "A Sword of Truth" series and Jordan's "Wheel of Time" along with several other fantasy type. It's nice to see them finally getting the reconigition they deserve (Especially an HBO funded series like GoT from A Song of Ice and Fire ( the book series title) )

That being said, Season 5....

I've already seen the first episode, and I've watched all the Behind the Scenes stuff too. They are taking their series another direction (not like they haven't been, but..) there simply isn't enough written content anymore, just like the Manga scene/Book Scenes when movies and triologies and such surpass the original content.

So the Directors are doing their own takes of everything. That's fine. Dorne this season and HardHome, up north of the wall look EXCELLENTLY well done, albeit it lacking in the story region (good fights, from what I've seen, and a masssssive set to film on).

Being an avid reader of the books/fan of Martin for a long time I'm sad to see them take a departure, but since there is no material it will be nice to see what their imaginations can come up with. I like their style and how they cram a lot of the story into faster paced segments, kinda like the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Movies did for the series itself (highly condensed, cut out some parts/redundant characters) and added to the scale of war.

But what impressed me most about the behind the scenes is actually how beautiful the water gardens are. They booked out the palace in Seville Spain for it. It feels exotic, just like I pictured Dorne Looking.

10453321_669640983085657_2630714911056599532_n__1404226815_80.111.179.106.jpg

tumblr_n82vm3qMA21s9c6nao3_1280.jpg
For Jon and the rest, HardHome looks well done too:

Film-Local-Game-of-Thrones-S5.gif

I can already say with their past deviations from the book, the core plot still was the same because they had insight from Martin himself. Now nixing martin and following their own path, it will either sink or swim from here. But since people are so invested into it, it will probably do very well regardless of what they do to the story. I just hope they keep it interesting like the non-canon material from say FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST The Original anime, or a movie/book of that nature where they decide to take it away from the original content.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

joshposh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
You guys are really making me want to go see this series. All I hear about these days is Game of Thrones. The only problem is that I haven't watched any previous episodes. So I'll be watching it from episode one just to get caught up in the series. Break Bad took me 2 weeks to watch in my free time. I imagine it will take that long with Game of Thrones.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back