Frugile Fashion: Thrift Shopping & Consigning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
It's like my new addiction as of a few months ago. I haven't stepped foot into a TJ Maxx in I don't know how long. I am REALLY anal about what I wear so thrift shopping at Goodwill, I will weed through all the junk to find the gems. Last week I found a decent pair of Gap brand relaxed fit boot cuts for 4.99 and today I found a Gap sweater vest for the same price. I went in the other day and was kind of dumbfounded...

As I told my local consign place...

So I'm in Goodwill today perusing to see what they had for good condition clothing when I stumble across a sweater vest, marked for 24.99... At first, I'm think there is no way a sweater at Goodwill is worth that much money. After a second look I notice the tags are still attached. Someone threw out a sweater that was marked at 95.00 retail. It must be nice to throw away 95.00 dollars like it was nothing. I'd say it might of been a gift but really who leaves the tags on a gift? LOL. I'd of taken it back to the store for at least a gift card or CONSIGNED it =)

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I read the title as: Frugal Fashion: Theft Shopping & Consigning...

I was about to say, it's not frugal fashion if the clothes are being stolen (well I suppose it could be as it's not costing the thief any money). I think I need my eyes checked lol.

I like looking in local Charity shops for bargains. I live in a very affluent area and sometimes it is insane the things that I find, like jeans with a £100 price tag still on :eek

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I read the title as: Frugal Fashion: Theft Shopping & Consigning...

I was about to say, it's not frugal fashion if the clothes are being stolen (well I suppose it could be as it's not costing the thief any money). I think I need my eyes checked lol.

I like looking in local Charity shops for bargains. I live in a very affluent area and sometimes it is insane the things that I find, like jeans with a £100 price tag still on
eek.gif
LMFAO... That is nuts

Frugile new word meaning frugal and agile ;)

:24::24:

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back