Fall is coming in a hurry

Users who are viewing this thread

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Got down to 39 last night and calling for 34 tonight. So today I fired up the big wood boiler and we worked on moving things inside the greenhouses. Wife has entirely too many flowers that she saves each year. She does have a bunch of new tomato plants and carrots planted inside already so we will have some fresh veggies this winter. I will hang some of the strawberries in pots as they are nice to have also. We dug out and potted probably 20 different flowers and herbs. Looks different to see certain planters missing around the yard but cold temps will kill them. I am hoping lawn mowing will end soon.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Funny, I just picked up another 15 gallons of gas for the grass LOL

Mowing at 5" seems to be the norm this year with the heat and all. But yes, hopefully the mulching kit will be coming shortly.

Minderella

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's definitely fall here, it even smelled like snow last night!

The upcoming week is all highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's and 40's.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I've been covering up my outdoor flowers every night for the last week or so with clear plastic as well as towels. It's worked to help stop the frost from killing the flowers. But that will only last for so long in cold, chilly Maine.

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Yep it's coming.

Yesterday morning at 0500 out with the dogs, wearing only shorts and sandals, and it was downright cold enough to want to put a sweatshirt on.

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
We had two cold nights where it dropped to 35 and got a little frost on the cars but not on the fields. Going to stay in the 60's with overnights in the upper 30's and 40's. Not bad and don't need heat yet in the house.

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
Only supposed to be in the mid 50s tonight but there have been nights where it got in the 40s already.

Rachie

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's been chilly where I'm at, but so far the wood burner hasn't had to be used...yet. Michigan weather is wack though.

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Love autumn and it's difinately getting there now, milder weather, down to 14 right now, windy and best of all, the leaves are turning beautiful colours.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back