Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Job 2;3 And the LORD said unto Satan: 'Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a whole-hearted and an upright man, one that feareth God, and shunneth evil? and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.'

From what I have read in scriptures, God does not follow the advice that he gives in his WORD. The above shows him overcome by evil and replying with evil.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If we are to emulate God as scriptures say we should, should we too ignore his WORD the way he does?

At the end of days and in many biblical stories of the past, God is overcome by evil and responds with evil while telling us we should respond with good.

Which example should we follow; what God says or what God does?

I think that if God is saying, --- do as I say and not as I do, ---- that that is an immoral example that only a satanic demiurge would say. Yet it appears that that is what God is saying.

Should we follow God, --- or his advice and WORD?

They are not the same. One is good the other evil.

Regards
DL

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

hoodoowytch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.30z
I don't follow anything in that vile book. The god of the bible is a pretty vicious bugger who is clearly a insecure prig who feels that he has to be jealous and petty in order to maintain the devotion of all his followers. I don't follow ANY religion period. My idea of "god" is that it is the higher spirit power that dwells in EVERYTHING. To denigrate and subjugate any creature...human or otherwise...is evil. Any god who is "all down" with genocide, rape, misogyny, pedophilia, slavery, etc. is not a god worthy of any sort of veneration or worship.

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
This is why I contend that the Bible is the PAST Word of God---something we read to show us how to find the PRESENT Word of God.

I think the quip you're claiming is "God's Word" is in fact a letter to one of the then-new Christian Churches, back before the Protestant church upgraded us from 'followers' to 'Children of God'---it's like how schools told us all we'd "get jobs" (as though some Scout was out there looking for graduates to hire-up, with no other application-work required from us).

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
I don't follow anything in that vile book. The god of the bible is a pretty vicious bugger who is clearly a insecure prig who feels that he has to be jealous and petty in order to maintain the devotion of all his followers. I don't follow ANY religion period. My idea of "god" is that it is the higher spirit power that dwells in EVERYTHING. To denigrate and subjugate any creature...human or otherwise...is evil. Any god who is "all down" with genocide, rape, misogyny, pedophilia, slavery, etc. is not a god worthy of any sort of veneration or worship.

No argument here.

I do see the bible as you do but respect it all the more for that.

Let me explain.

Said of Gnostic Christian like me versus Christian bible reading practices.

“Both read the Bible day and night; but you read black where I read white.”

William Blake.

I would take this further and advise you to read any scriptures from as many POV as is within you. Question everything including yourself.

The bible, if read as a book of wisdom, does have much wisdom though.

You just have to read it the way Gnostics do and revers a lot of the Christian morals.

Christians call evil good while Gnostic Christians call evil, evil.

I E. Gnostic Christians think that bible God, the demiurge to us, is quite immoral for thinking that torturing King David’s baby for 6 days before finally killing it is quite evil while Christians think that a good form of justice.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
This is why I contend that the Bible is the PAST Word of God---something we read to show us how to find the PRESENT Word of God.

I think the quip you're claiming is "God's Word" is in fact a letter to one of the then-new Christian Churches, back before the Protestant church upgraded us from 'followers' to 'Children of God'---it's like how schools told us all we'd "get jobs" (as though some Scout was out there looking for graduates to hire-up, with no other application-work required from us).

I cannot join you in that thinking.

Please read what I put above and consider that the authors of the bible may have wanted to have a stand alone book, it even hints at that, and with that in mind, I see the O.T. as the evil side of the tree of knowledge and the N.T. as the good side of the tree of knowledge.

Now I agree with you that it is old knowledge and we should have revised or modernised it more than we have.

Unfortunately, damned literal reading of these myths set into Christianity and that killed the wisdom and revisions we should have enjoyed.

Regards
DL

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
You claim there is no god as we know..and we are each our own god...so only you can answer this question for yourself.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
You claim there is no god and we are are own gods...so according to you there is no Christian god

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
You claim there is no god and we are are own gods...so according to you there is no Christian god

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why are your bothering me when you have no interest and no interesting questions worthy of this one's time?

Get better of get ignored.

Regards
DL

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
The word "God" comes from words that mean 'voice over the grave'---the name "Yahweh" (English approximation of a Hebrew glyph called 'The Tetragrammaton' below) is close to words that mean 'to Exist.'
tetragrammaton.jpg

And you remember that in the story of Job, Job ended-up richer & stronger after Satan was allowed to use God's power to test him.

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
The word "God" comes from words that mean 'voice over the grave'---the name "Yahweh" (English approximation of a Hebrew glyph called 'The Tetragrammaton' below) is close to words that mean 'to Exist.'

And you remember that in the story of Job, Job ended-up richer & stronger after Satan was allowed to use God's power to test him.

Only really immoral people and Christians will think that a new child is a good replacement for the one murdered needlessly. Only those can be so emotionally insane.

Thanks for showing how immoral some can be.

Regards
DL

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
So--if your options are "cry-cry-cry over bad things you can't change" or "be glad that things get better"--somebody's an "immoral tyrant" (I say 'tyrant' because it's the worst "bad thing to call someone" that I don't have to worry about censorship-on) if they are glad that things get better? If you want to be "moral," you have to be sad-forever if anything bad ever happened?

Did the Bible say that all-of-a-sudden Job didn't "miss" his dead children? That 'now he's glad they're dead?' No!

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
So--if your options are "cry-cry-cry over bad things you can't change" or "be glad that things get better"--somebody's an "immoral tyrant" (I say 'tyrant' because it's the worst "bad thing to call someone" that I don't have to worry about censorship-on) if they are glad that things get better? If you want to be "moral," you have to be sad-forever if anything bad ever happened?

Did the Bible say that all-of-a-sudden Job didn't "miss" his dead children? That 'now he's glad they're dead?' No!

Job 2;3 has God saying that Satan moved him to destroy without cause. That is sin and murder.

And you applaud your God's evil actions.

Way to go Christian.

It was only a few unnecessary children dying so who cares eh?

Regards
DL

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
... sin and murder... It was only a few unnecessary children dying so who cares eh?

Regards
DL

Maybe this is 'even further off-topic' (or maybe not), but this may be a 'subliminal force' behind my opinion that 'children are their parents' responsibility (like "pets they own") until adulthood.'

Oh, I know they are "intended" to become equal individuals; but did you ever buy a lottery-ticket you 'intended' to win millions with? I'm guessing you didn't win millions, which (totally by the evidence, without any sympathetic sway) is just-as-bad a crime as 'God's "murder" of Job's children.' (If you read the book, you see that God didn't do anything but LET the murderers take Job's children ... making him only-a-little-more-guilty than US!).

A person can "intend" to commit a crime, but is not guilty of the crime unless either a) he actually 'does the deed,' or b) he directly expresses that intention to another person (who therefore goes & does the deed).

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
Maybe this is 'even further off-topic' (or maybe not), but this may be a 'subliminal force' behind my opinion that 'children are their parents' responsibility (like "pets they own") until adulthood.'

Oh, I know they are "intended" to become equal individuals; but did you ever buy a lottery-ticket you 'intended' to win millions with? I'm guessing you didn't win millions, which (totally by the evidence, without any sympathetic sway) is just-as-bad a crime as 'God's "murder" of Job's children.' (If you read the book, you see that God didn't do anything but LET the murderers take Job's children ... making him only-a-little-more-guilty than US!).

A person can "intend" to commit a crime, but is not guilty of the crime unless either a) he actually 'does the deed,' or b) he directly expresses that intention to another person (who therefore goes & does the deed).

So you think the Mafia Don, God, who sent the hit man, Satan, is not culpable for the crime and thus show how your religion has corrupted your morals.

Thanks for making my case.

Regards
DL

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
So you think the Mafia Don, God, who sent the hit man, Satan, is not culpable for the crime and thus show how your religion has corrupted your morals.

Thanks for making my case.

Regards
DL
Did you even read all of my entry? specifically the 'second reason-why a "person who intends to commit a crime" might actually be "guilty"?'

And also, it wasn't Satan who did the killing either. He convinced the marauders to do it, but it was entirely their choice (and merely Satan's suggestion).

And luckily, I'm NOT making your case (to any judge but YOU).

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
Now you try to exonerate Satan....
Regards
DL
No I do not! Well, not to his ultimate judge; but I'm just saying that his "guilt" is 1) not any human's judgment to make and 2) about the same as the guilt of 'the practice-range' in the sniper's crime.

This is another reason-why I think The Bible should be understood as "the story of these people who loved 'God' so much" rather than "instructions to live & -love 'God' by"---that way you can see more as 'a description of life-conditions' than as 'propaganda for G-d.'

God is more like 'a force of nature' than 'some guy who kills people'---blaming him for murder is like blaming a hurricane.

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
No I do not! Well, not to his ultimate judge; but I'm just saying that his "guilt" is 1) not any human's judgment to make and 2) about the same as the guilt of 'the practice-range' in the sniper's crime.

This is another reason-why I think The Bible should be understood as "the story of these people who loved 'God' so much" rather than "instructions to live & -love 'God' by"---that way you can see more as 'a description of life-conditions' than as 'propaganda for G-d.'

God is more like 'a force of nature' than 'some guy who kills people'---blaming him for murder is like blaming a hurricane.

To not blame him for murder is what Christians do and to let them have such an immoral view in not us doing unto others.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

If your morals are so poor that --- "1) not any human's judgment to make"

then step aside and let moral men have the floor.

We can judge.

Regards
DL

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back