Do you workout throughout the whole year?

Users who are viewing this thread

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
If you're just after a beach body then is it worth training during the winter months when your body is covered with thick jumpers and long rain coats? For those after health benefits then yes training throughout the year is common, but for those who just want to look good during the summer - do you start your intensive workout during spring or do you also workout during winter?

If you pay monthly to a gym then this could save a lot of money, but if you have an annual membership then i guess you'll have to do it continuously.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

NuckingFuts

One of the originals
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
395.93z
What is this working out you speak of?

Gotta go eat my bacon double butter burger from Culver's now! Haha

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Some sort of exercise should be a part of everyone's daily life, which I try to do even if it's just taking a brisk walk. But I don't do any intense workouts like you seem to do. I'm sure someone will come along that is into working out like that.

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I'm not a beach enthusiast and when it comes to plan my vacations, beaches are not regularly in my plans so I never thought of workout with the goal of having a beach body in mind.

However I feel like needing to workout to gain strength in hands and legs. Hands because I use to carry heavy loads, and legs because what really passionate me is walk energetically for long, long hours.

Problem is not having always the time for those long walks, hence muscles in my legs are starting to resent the inactivity lately. Even though, I usually start a workout plan with enthusiasm and give up soon because staying in a same place exercising bores me.

Sarah676

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I find I go through bursts. I'll have a couple of weeks where I'm really motivated and I work out a lot, then another couple weeks where I'm lazy and my exercise routine mostly just consists of walking. Right now I'm in a lazy phase, but I at least get an hour of walking in every day, just walking to and from college.

Chaos

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I train for myself, and I like to be big I don't care what others say. I train from 12 month a year and 20 days a month because I get lazy if I skip to many training days.

SS42A

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I try to work out for at least an hour every day. That is better than not working out at all, and it likewise prevents me from becoming into a lazy bum. When the season is dry and warm, I wear loose clothing, while I try to wear a jacket if it's cold outside. However, I try to keep my jacket on even when it's dry for purposes of letting out sweat.

pandaa

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I definitely try to. My gym is set up in a room in my house, and I'll make sure it's nice and toasty inside, even if it's 0 degrees outside. The only real trouble is doing cardio, which I can usually muster up the courage for.

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
Hmm always want to work out everyday, but once i start i give up after a week or two .. but i am lucky, i look ok even i dont do nothing.... but for health reason i want to be able to walk few times a week even if i dont do anything more ...

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I like to walk outdoors in the spring, summer, and fall.

But here in Maine, it's so cold, snowy, and icy that it's hard to regularly go out for walks. I could walk on a consistent basis during the winter if I really wanted to. But I don't really want to!

KingKong

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm not shooting for an awesome body but do want to watch my weight, so I try to at least do a few pushups everyday and run at least once a week.

Weather can make it cumbersome though.

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
I'm surprised that I haven't seen any comments about rigorous hand exercises??

I exercise every morning Monday to Friday for 30 minutes plus once a week after work I do Pilates. I have really only just started this routine so I only have a couple of months up my sleeves. I have to drop half a size for my wedding dress and for myself :) I want to be truly happy in my own skin.

It is something I can see becoming a regular thing without hesitation. Building it in to some what of a habit. It's tough but I'm close.

Funambulist

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I would definitely like to work out throughout the year, but I simply do not have time to work out in the winter months. I work and study sociology, so you can imagine how full my days are. This winter, I've managed to go swimming a few times, but that's about it.

In the summer, though, I have a lot of time, so I like to jogging, swimming, and do all kinds of exercises as well as play sport games.

By the way, I do not like public gyms. So that's another reason why I cannot really workout in the winter time.

SpiderShark

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.07z
Definitely, it doesn't matter to me what kind of weather there is outside. During spring, summer and autumn I go for long runs outside and work out at my school's stadium in the evenings, doing bodyweight exercises. When it gets too cold outside, I start doing my strength and cardio workouts in my room. I have a pair of adjustable dumbbells as well, so I can do some weight lifting anytime I want.

gata montes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.32z
As I strongly believe that a healthy diet combined with regular exercise - contributes to leading an active healthy lifestyle that will last well into old age - I think that its something that everyone should seriously consider incorporating into their lives on a regular basis - if they can :D

As I'm not someone that regularly frequents beaches and regularly exercises throughout the year - I've never really given much thought to the aspects mentioned above - as my prime reason for exercising is to reap the health benefits - which although I only exercise 4 times a week - because it forms a natural part of my life - I am rewarded with a fit, toned, healthy body and the ability to do physical tasks with ease :)

eagle22

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I workout throughout the whole year. If I take just a week off I feel terrible. This week was my planned recovery week but I couldn't take the whole week off, I still had to go in the gym and lift some light weights.

tajnz

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yes, I work out as regularly in winter as I do in summer. I'm not working out to look good, I work out to feel good and for the health benefits. Plus, I like to escape for island vacations in the middle of winter.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back